Seashore - 3/12 Sailing - Our 1st MSC experience

DisneyTech

2 hours ago, Paphillyguy said:

Loans have to be paid back even if they are from the parent company. 

Of course they do but it shows that MSC cruises will not go under unless of course the family decide it should. 

2 hours ago, DisneyTech said:

@Morgsmom

and yes, you can magically fly in Crew and have them trained for when your passenger loads increase. If you don’t want to increase Crew to support more passengers, then don’t sell as many cabins. It’s pretty simple. 

and no, these rates are not bargains. It is roughly the exact price as the cancelled cruise I had booked on the seaside. That was booked before the pandemic. 

DisneyTech, You are absolutely wrong about flying people in at a moments notice. Cruise Companies work through labor agencies in smaller countries. Onboarding is selective, intense (including full physicals w blood screening/vaccination mandates... And not just COVID vax), visa application and approval, and typically takes 6-9months. Plus, Agencies bring over hundreds of workers at one time. Also, many of the workers outsourced for these jobs are coming from countries that only recently opened their boarders. The process to procure a job on a cruise ship is difficult and that is why I get so frustrated watching guests treat them like crap. These hardworking men and women leave their families for 6-12 month intervals so please, check your privilege. 

Yes, this cruise was CHEAP for a Holiday Spring Break week. Did you compare it to other cruise lines? I did because I booked it 10 days ago for my husband, daughters, and niece. It was the cheapest cruise line. My husband went in knowing there would be service issues, no Diamond Boarding, and a bunch of kids... And so far, he and the girls have had an amazing time... Even w the service hiccups. 

I do hope your final 3 nights are enjoyable as a Family. I also hope you find a Cruise line that better suits your needs. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Oxo said:

You are a very good cheerleader! Why do  you know all the reasons for all these shortcomings and can explain them. When MSC doesn't know how to correct them? 

You make MSC prices sound like Wal-Mart cost cutting. LOL

Bottom line is like you imply,  you get what you pay for. 

Low cost, many shortcomings.

I really wonder what cruise line works perfect now? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

I really wonder what cruise line works perfect now? 

Perfect? Who is talking or suggesting Perfect? Please read the current reviews. MSC has never come close to being organized in many ways. 

Customer Service. 

Internet.

Food.

Packages.

On 3/15/2022 at 8:52 PM, DisneyTech said:

if anyone has any questions on anything in the meantime, go ahead and ask. 

No drink packages accepted at all, no matter what drink, in ‘Hola!’,

Can one go to one of the other venues and get their drinks and bring them into Hola ?

Wasn't the Seashore docked at Terminal F when you embarked? If it returns to Terminal F passengers debark closer to the Parking Garage G across the street (10 minutes).

Did you try the elevators in the front of the ship and press deck 19 to see the difference from those in the back of the ship ?  Is your cabin anywhere near this bank of elevators?

Sometimes it takes a first cruise on a new ship to 'learn the ropes'. We had a question on the Seaside and waited a long time in a long line on embarkation day at guest relations, only to get to the front of the line and find out we were in the wrong venue and had to go elsewhere.

Also learned that those without a drink package have to pay sales tax on any drinks before it leaves a US port. Once at sea or foreign ports, no tax.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 2

No storage

Did you know one can store suitcases under the bed. We had a queen bed that had a strap handle in the middle at the foot of the bed which when pulled upward pivoted the foot of the mattress up to the ceiling. Clean and carpeted. DW travels with 11 suitcases.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 9:09 PM, Oxo said:

No drink packages accepted at all, no matter what drink, in ‘Hola!’,

Why is that? 

TIA

It is owned by a third party/run independently just like Venchi.  (And like the spa as well.)

Edited by TrinaLC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Meraviglia on March13 and the experience was very similar. We are typically very content people and have lots if cruising experience under our belts. There were so many issues that were the result of poor planning on MSC's part. Their food purchasing staff really messed up. Was it their first day on the job? The problems weren't really related to the pandemic. Most everyone felt very sorry for the staff who worked very hard. 

MSC should have capped the passenger count to 1,500 as they increased capacity, but they got greedy and went to 3100. I think they lost a lot of future passengers. I am stuck on a three week cruise with them next winter because of a cruise move. I won't book with them again unless things improved markedly.

Onshore tech problems have been a huge issue for us. My account disappeared in November and their tech department still hasn't fixed it. The agents insist I don't exist and have no history. Uh, I am a Diamond status member. So frustrating! I have to log in under my husband's account. Their agents, always pleasant, have given me wrong advice on many occasions. Good thing I double and triple check with other people..sigh

Worried about them ramping up employee count and supplies given the current times, I booked the Yacht Club for this exact reason.  Guaranteed to have a seemless boarding process and I truly believe it will be staffed well.   While it was over double the cost to get a balcony in the YC from my balcony (that included Easy + drinks), I think it's a FAR cry from the costs I used to pay... and this is during a time of hyper inflation.  All in, $3,400 for the YC is a bargin.  But even so, the $1,322 (after discounts) for a balcony with Easy+ for two of us is crazy cheap.   Certainly not "full price" by any strech of the imagination!  I set sail 4/23 and can't wait!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

This ^^^^^^

While I really dislike the phrase "check your privilege", I agree that the crew should be treated with respect and extra consideration. They are working very hard and can't even leave the ship. 

20 hours ago, Paphillyguy said:

If you read other cruiseline threads seems like the spring break crush is causing bad reviews all around. 

Yes it certainly seems that way.  Most of them are here just because of the good pricing that they found.  I wish they would take their money to another line.  Like some other people said here do the research know what you're in for know what you're paying for and figure out if that's acceptable for you.  A lot of commenters on here have been cruising all along during covid with MSC.

• Like 1

I got off of the Seashore the day that you got on the ship.  I must say while I can understand some of your frustration, I can't understand other things.  

You said the  MDR food is terrible.  We totally disagree.  While I was not happy with the menu (seems limited as compared to pre-pandemic), we found that the food we ordered was excellent in taste and presentation.

We had no problem with wait times at dinner but then again we do not like to rush through dinner.  We like to sit and enjoy our meals.  MSC MDR has always been slower than other cruise lines IMHO.  On NCL and Carnival we found that we were rushed and would finish a 3 course meal in 45 minutes.  Our dinner on the Seashore took around 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours for a 3 course meal.  

As far as the buffet, I agree, they need to open up more stations.  Not sure why the bar staff would not get you what you wanted to drink, our bar staff did.  If they didn't then the bar is right there in the buffet and you could walk up and order whatever you wanted.

Not sure what pool you are walking to that you have to walk through the buffet to get to the next pool.  The buffet is in the rear of the ship on 16.  The Jungle pool is right outside of the buffet but you do not need to walk through the buffet to get from the Jungle pool to the Main pool.  You would walk up a flight of steps and go to the front of the ship. Same for the kids pool area, walk up the steps. The Infinity pool is on deck 8 and no where near the buffet.

As far as the stateroom size, if you think Seashores cabins are tiny, go on the NCL Epic.  Those cabins are only 125 sq. foot.  Those are tiny.  

Drink package, when you upgraded on the website it states cannot be used in Specialty restaurants or Venchi's.

*Drinks can be consumed in all onboard bars as well as the self-service buffet, restaurant and Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve. Bars on Ocean Cay may not have the entire selection available on the island. Excludes specialty restaurants and cannot be consumed in specialty restaurants or other signature venues such as Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shop and Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato and Starship Club. Onboard currency applies. 

I agree that it was stupid to have you wear a mask at the water park to sign a waiver and we were not happy about that. If they require it then they should provide them.  Also, was upset only one water slide was open and the people at the bottom had no clue.  We walked up the stairs to go down the slides and they were closed.  Was told they would open after the drill.  Quite ticked off over that.

I agree that bar staff and wait staff were slow.  We would have to wait for 5 to 10 minutes for a drink sometimes and there would be no one else around.  IMO, they are so use to the small number of people that they are super slow and need to speed it up.  We both commented on how slow they were and when the crowds picked up there was going to be trouble.

Not a cheerleader, just my observations.  I am glad we went when we did because less people on our cruise than were on yours.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Drink package, when you upgraded on the website it states cannot be used in Specialty restaurants or Venchi's.

*Drinks can be consumed in all onboard bars as well as the self-service buffet, restaurant and Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve. Bars on Ocean Cay may not have the entire selection available on the island. Excludes specialty restaurants and cannot be consumed in specialty restaurants or other signature venues such as Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shop and Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato and Starship Club. Onboard currency applies. 

It's funny because my drink package on my booking says " ALL BEVERAGES PRICED UP TO S9! CHEERS TO BOTTOMLESS BEVERAGES ALL DAY LONG! THE EASY PLUS PACKAGE INCLUDES YOUR FAVOURITE FROZEN AND CLASSIC COCKTAILS, WELL SPIRITS, LIQUORS AND CORDIALS. THEN THERES YOUR CHOICE OF A SELECTION OF WINE BY THE GLASS, A 10% DISCOUNT ON BOTTLED WINES PURCHASED ONBOARD AND A WIDE VARIETY OF DRAFT AND BOTTLED BEERS, NON-ALCOHOLIC COCKTAILS, SOFT DRINKS, MINERAL WATER, COFFEE DRINKS (LATTE, ESPRESSO, CAPPUCCINO, ETC.), HOT CHOCOLATE AND HOT TEAS. THE EASY PLUS PACKAGE COVERS ALL THE ABOVE SERVED AT OUR BARS, BUFFET, MAIN RESTAURANT AND SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS. WHATS MORE, IT ALSO INCLUDES OCEAN CAY AND OTHER EXCLUSIVE DESTINATIONS, BUT DOES NOT COVER THE SIGNATURE VENUES, INCLUDING VENCHI 1878 ESTABLISHMENTS, LAVAZZA COFFEE SHOP, JEAN-PHILIPPE CHOCOLATE, COFFEE, CREPES & GELATO."

They aren't consistent at all 😑

Edited by DisneyDatknee

4 hours ago, DisneyDatknee said:

It's funny because my drink package on my booking says " ALL BEVERAGES PRICED UP TO S9! CHEERS TO BOTTOMLESS BEVERAGES ALL DAY LONG! THE EASY PLUS PACKAGE INCLUDES YOUR FAVOURITE FROZEN AND CLASSIC COCKTAILS, WELL SPIRITS, LIQUORS AND CORDIALS. THEN THERES YOUR CHOICE OF A SELECTION OF WINE BY THE GLASS, A 10% DISCOUNT ON BOTTLED WINES PURCHASED ONBOARD AND A WIDE VARIETY OF DRAFT AND BOTTLED BEERS, NON-ALCOHOLIC COCKTAILS, SOFT DRINKS, MINERAL WATER, COFFEE DRINKS (LATTE, ESPRESSO, CAPPUCCINO, ETC.), HOT CHOCOLATE AND HOT TEAS. THE EASY PLUS PACKAGE COVERS ALL THE ABOVE SERVED AT OUR BARS, BUFFET, MAIN RESTAURANT AND SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS. WHATS MORE, IT ALSO INCLUDES OCEAN CAY AND OTHER EXCLUSIVE DESTINATIONS, BUT DOES NOT COVER THE SIGNATURE VENUES, INCLUDING VENCHI 1878 ESTABLISHMENTS, LAVAZZA COFFEE SHOP, JEAN-PHILIPPE CHOCOLATE, COFFEE, CREPES & GELATO."

They aren't consistent at all 😑

If that is what is on your documents then they changed it after you purchased it.  I would have asked to speak to the manager or whoever is in charge of the restaurants and demanded what is in my documents (I always print them out and take with me).  

No, they are NOT consistent at all.

2 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

If that is what is on your documents then they changed it after you purchased it.  I would have asked to speak to the manager or whoever is in charge of the restaurants and demanded what is in my documents (I always print them out and take with me).  

Annoying. I'm disappointed in the change up in packages too. 

5 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I was denied 2 massages on my actual tickets I printed 10 days ago.

Was told it was a mistake?????

I have already grabbed a spa menu and when they don't give me my $1000 back o will add the value of two massages to my claim.

I am not going away!