Roll Calls

nursinadream

6 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

Simple question - is there a place to store my 2 roll calls here on CC?  Disappointed they're not active at all so I never get a notification but go there regularly and think about posting something.🙋‍♀️

Have you added yourself to the "Follow" list (An option at the top or the bottom, depending on the specifics of tablet vs phone vs desktop?  If you're on that list you get notified of any posting. 

Just now, 1985rz1 said:

Have you added yourself to the "Follow" list (An option at the top or the bottom, depending on the specifics of tablet vs phone vs desktop?  If you're on that list you get notified of any posting. 

Yes I follow it - as I said there's never a notification, not an active group. I just want to find it easier.

10 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

When are your cruises? And how many days? I think the pax demographics are affected by cruise length and by Destination also. (I’m so curious….)

Thanks for your curiosity.  11 day Alaska Jun/Jul 22, 30 day Baltic/Vikings Sept 22 (I thought that one would be active).

Thx. Yes, I am surprised that the Alaska cruise rollcall is not more active.
The 30 day cruise is not going to be popular with working age pax, so that’s going to be an older demographic and less likely to be on CC. My guess there is that if you are not past FP, many passengers might be canceling…..?

Keep this thread active every week or two by posting, and as the Alaska cruise gets closer, cruise critic members might at least be looking at the main forum and notice your thread.…..

you might also make a post on threads discussing  the Baltic situation mentioning the dates of your cruise. Cruise critic members anxious to learn more information about the situation might see your post on this main forum and reply to you.

i’m sorry I can’t be more helpful.

• Thanks 1

Here’s a hint that I’ve done regularly. Personally decide upon a private tour you’re interested in, do the research on group sizes and costs, then post in on your RC along with your email address for obtaining additional information.

A couple things then happens. First people often start responding to the opportunity on the RC. Second, there exists another group of “ lurkers” , that will never post on the RC, that will contact you individually/privately. Then things start to roll.

In short, it often requires initiative to get things going. The often seen posts of “ Hi, we’re John and Mary from Podunkville, and interested in private tours.”; just doesn’t go far these days. I’ve been on RC where those are the only posts. Take the initiative and say you want to do something specific. I’ve seen not only postings for tours, but also bridge groups, ballroom dancing, etc. Borrowing from a favorite movie “ Seize the Day”. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, nursinadream said:

Yes I follow it - as I said there's never a notification, not an active group. I just want to find it easier.

Maybe another step than saving it in your browser. Go to your profile in the top right corner, click on it and select Manage Followed Content. It will show you all topics you’re following. Just click on the one you want to look at. 

Edited by ORV

@PhD-ivaThanks for your thoughts, helpful.  You are right about the Viking/Baltic many have cancelled.  Changes to itinerary make for a good discussion topic which I started but no bites.  Alaska is not fully booked either.  

@pinotlover Good tips, thanks.  Lots of what you describe on the rollcalls so far.  I will initiate as you suggest.  Especially since one of our replacement ports is Honfleur in France.  I may explore a small group tour to Paris in place of large panoramic tour by coach.

Thanks

Deb