Princess Ruby morning drinks?

RDAB08

Hi all, 

I'm planning my first Princess Ruby cruise in a few weeks leaving from SF. I've read many reviews about the different dining and bar options, including menus and hours - Thank you all! I'm a planner and would like to find a place where I can order a mimosa or other morning alcohol drink on the mornings that I want to start the day slower. I was hoping, weather permitted, that it would not be the MDR, as I would prefer to enjoy the beverage in the open air, looking out at sea. I read that the main outdoor bars don't open until 11am and I'll be up hours before then. I also read that the international cafe is open 24 hours but I wasn't sure if they offer alcohol/morning drinks that you may leave with, to take outside. I have also read a little about the OceanNow feature, where you can order food or drinks, delivered anytime to you, anywhere you are... Does anyone have experiences with that, that they would like to share? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Yes, you can order drinks anywhere.   I never ordered a cocktail to be delivered to my room, but I did order specialty coffees and they were delivered promptly.

I would use the App to order cocktails anywhere on the ship.   The server will find you.      There were a couple of "dead" areas where I didn't get service, but I'd just walk a little farther and I'd get service.   I remember this on deck 7 near the lifeboats.

The app is amazing for ordering cocktails.  

We were always able to get Baileys in our coffee at the coffee bar on the Lido deck as well as at the International Cafe.  I also got mimosas from the bar next to the IC in the mornings—a couple of times I had to ask the IC staff when there wasn’t anyone at the bar, but I was always accommodated (as early as 8 am).

We’ve been on the Ruby four times since October so have enjoy a special coffee and mimosas many times!

2 hours ago, RDAB08 said:

would like to find a place where I can order a mimosa or other morning alcohol drink on the mornings that I want to start the day slower.

ordering a mimosa or other alcoholic drink at say 7AM should not be a problem at the bar next to the IC. The barista will make it for you. Saying that you want to start the day slower...... I Like your style!!!!!!  order two I'll join you and we can do sudoku before the numbers jumble in our heads.

Jim😎

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, skynight said:

Outriggers, lido deck aft. Check out the deck plans. Anywhere using ocean now.

Outriggers is my favorite, but for some reason they're never open when I get up at 4am 🤣

• Haha 2