Carnival Question About Fare Change

ChrisQ911

Hoping someone can help us, as Carnival Customer Service is a "no-show."  This has been a continual nightmare to get a cruise.  The latest chapter is Carnival changed our ship, now our new stateroom is completely different and is listed as undesirable on several websites, including cruisecritic.  On top of that, they are charging us extra on our payment plan due to the "increased gratuities."  Is it legal for them to increase our fare after we booked?  

The only way your gratuities would increase is if you were moved from a regular cabin to a suite as far as I know. Carnival didnt charge you more cruisefare ..the tips increased you say so I suspect a upgrade happened.

Since you dont say cruisefare changed I dont see they increased the fare. Hard to know from what litt,e you say. 

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The only way your gratuities would increase is if you were moved from a regular cabin to a suite as far as I know. Carnival didnt charge you more cruisefare ..the tips increased you say so I suspect a upgrade happened.

Since you dont say cruisefare changed I dont see they increased the fare. Hard to know from what litt,e you say. 

This. 

We were upgraded, but it wasn't asked.  We originally had a premium (wrap around) balcony, but with the ship change we were moved to a Junior Suite.  I looked into this upgraded stateroom and I'd say around 90% of the posters on this stateroom were unfavorable.  So now, we're going to a smaller balcony which by other posters, seems to be a cigarette smoke filled fishbowl.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/275978-whats-wrong-with-cabins-4235-amp-4226-next-to-last-balconies-on-pride/

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/1333414-jr-suite-42354226-main-deck-on-spirit/

The aft junior suite is actual very nice. The balcony is different, but the room layout and bathroom layout are way better then a standard room. Plus you get priority on/off ship and other suite perks.

I'll go on carnival's site, and request a PVP, the PVP will call you. I found this to be a much easier way then waiting on hold for hours on end.

https://www.carnival.com/personal-vacation-planners.aspx

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moparfiend said:

The aft junior suite is actual very nice. The balcony is different, but the room layout and bathroom layout are way better then a standard room. Plus you get priority on/off ship and other suite perks.

I'll go on carnival's site, and request a PVP, the PVP will call you. I found this to be a much easier way then waiting on hold for hours on end.

https://www.carnival.com/personal-vacation-planners.aspx

We have had suites during previous cruises and yes, they are really nice.  The problem that I have is having people looking into our room as they pass by and the smokers that seem to hang out in that area per the reviews that I have read.  We were also charged additional when we did not ask for the "upgrade."  I call it that, because we were already in a Vista Suite with the wraparound balcony while assigned to the Freedom. This is the third boat change for our cruise, but the first two did not come with an extra charge.  Anyway, thanks for the input Mopar, but I think we have it fixed.  They are doing an additional upgrade and moving us to 6207