Barefoot Beach Cabana question

Not sure if this is the correct forum, tried searching for this question first, but to no avail.  If in a suite and want to book a cabana at Barefoot Beach do all parties using the cabana have to be in a suite, or just the one who reserves it?  We are travelling with friends who are not in a suite, but we are, and didn't know if that was an option.  We have a cabana booked at Nellies' Beach, but would hopefully like to switch if an option once the concierge emails.  We've never rented a cabana before, so not sure of the protocols.  Thanks!

Well now it's two completely conflicting reports, so I guess I'll just have to wait and ask the concierge.  I thought it would be up to any 8 people I wanted to share the cabana with as long as I was in a suite and paying for it.

34 minutes ago, robyn206 said:

Well now it's two completely conflicting reports, so I guess I'll just have to wait and ask the concierge.  I thought it would be up to any 8 people I wanted to share the cabana with as long as I was in a suite and paying for it.

It looks like someone asked Royal that question on Twitter this morning and the answer was that everyone had to be in a suite.

If the latest post is accurate this is a change in policy.  It may be due to covid but in the past I was able to book the cabana and then bring family not in a suite into barefoot beach.  I simply had to provide the names/cabin numbers to the concierge.  I would suggest writing to the concierge or butler to confirm before you book.

• Like 1

Wow, coincidental that someone also asked on Twitter today, or someone else saw this and had a similar question at the same time.  I'll ask the concierge when the time comes, since I can't book unless I go through them anyway.

It may be discretionary with the Concierge on board as we have been in a OTW cabana on Barefoot while not in a suite.  (We have also been in them while in a suite as well).  Our Diamond Club Concierge made the arrangements for us on the occasion when we were not in a suite.  However, this was also all pre-pandemic.  If you are in a suite I would try to reserve it through the Suite Concierge in advance, or certainly on board.

Historically, as koxler has indicated, we have been able to host family or friends who were not in a suite if I who made the reservation was in a suite.  Anything else would be a new policy.  It would help if you all arrived at the Barefoot Beach Cabana host station together.

2 hours ago, drdestructo said:

Historically, as koxler has indicated, we have been able to host family or friends who were not in a suite if I who made the reservation was in a suite.  Anything else would be a new policy.  It would help if you all arrived at the Barefoot Beach Cabana host station together.

Allowing guests who aren't in a suite access to Barefoot Beach would seem to negate some of the benefits to those who are booked in a suite.  That doesn't seem right to me, so I hope this is a new policy and only suite guests have access to Barefoot Beach.

Are cabanas on Barefoot Beach rented through the cruise planner or can they only be reserved through the concierge. On the cruise planner I see all the Nellie's Beach cabanas are unavailable, but it doesn't show anything for Barefoot Beach. I was looking to book one for an upcoming Wonder sailing, but not sure if that ship has sailed.

9 minutes ago, DocNDo said:

Are cabanas on Barefoot Beach rented through the cruise planner or can they only be reserved through the concierge. On the cruise planner I see all the Nellie's Beach cabanas are unavailable, but it doesn't show anything for Barefoot Beach. I was looking to book one for an upcoming Wonder sailing, but not sure if that ship has sailed.

Nellies are available through the cruise planner, but typically go quickly.  Barefoot I believe is only available pre-cruise through the Suite Concierge when he reaches out prior to the cruise.  Both are typically available on board as well, and most easily done through the Concierge(s). Our experience has been that they hold a some back of each for on board bookings.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

5 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It may be discretionary with the Concierge on board as we have been in a OTW cabana on Barefoot while not in a suite.  (We have also been in them while in a suite as well).  Our Diamond Club Concierge made the arrangements for us on the occasion when we were not in a suite.  However, this was also all pre-pandemic.  If you are in a suite I would try to reserve it through the Suite Concierge in advance, or certainly on board.

Pre Covid and pre Pinnacle we rented a BB cabana twice without being in a suite. Just needed access to concierge. Had that as D+

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Pre Covid and pre Pinnacle we rented a BB cabana twice without being in a suite. Just needed access to concierge. Had that as D+

Yeah - D+ with us as well.  Should have added that with the mention of the Diamond Club Concierge.  And on one occasion, although our Cabana was on Nellies, he provided bands for access to Barefoot for the lunch.