Deluxe Beverage Package BOGO50

I recognize that prices differ depending on ships and dates. However, wanted to share I just noticed the current price on my sailing is $56 per day.  Plus there is a BOGO50.  I am not sure if the 2nd person is half off the $56 price.  I can't check because there is only one adult in my party (me). But I figured I would share because if that is the case, it could be a great savings for some.

5 minutes ago, LivLove2Cruise said:

I recognize that prices differ depending on ships and dates. However, wanted to share I just noticed the current price on my sailing is $56 per day.  Plus there is a BOGO50.  I am not sure if the 2nd person is half off the $56 price.  I can't check because there is only one adult in my party (me). But I figured I would share because if that is the case, it could be a great savings for some.

Pretty sure that 56 price reflects the price per person if 2 in a cabin book it.  If you booked solo or were traveling with a child you would pay more than the 56 advertised.  Royal math and deception on display.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LivLove2Cruise said:

Just noticed this myself. Maybe I'm missing something, but the standard "discount" is 20%, it went up to 25% recently, then back down to 20%, and now this BOGO50 deal. When I do the math, it works out to precisely the same as the 25%, as they assume one person is paying the full amount and the other is paying 50% of the full rate.

7 minutes ago, topnole said:

Pretty sure that 56 price reflects the price per person if 2 in a cabin book it.  If you booked solo or were traveling with a child you would pay more than the 56 advertised.  Royal math and deception on display.  

I actually purchased the DBP in Feb for $56 per day. But that could be the case if I purchased it today. I don't know because I already have the package.

8 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Just noticed this myself. Maybe I'm missing something, but the standard "discount" is 20%, it went up to 25% recently, then back down to 20%, and now this BOGO50 deal. When I do the math, it works out to precisely the same as the 25%, as they assume one person is paying the full amount and the other is paying 50% of the full rate.

I assumed that the first person may be full price and the second 50% but because I already purchased the package and am traveling with a child, I can't price it. I figured I would share the information just in case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LivLove2Cruise said:

I assumed that the first person may be full price and the second 50% but because I already purchased the package and am traveling with a child, I can't price it. I figured I would share the information just in case.

Rcl is infamous for sales that arent really sales.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

😥 Wish I had read the forum first. I had the packages booked for £57 per person with 3 packages booked. Saw this offer and assumed it was 50% the price shown of £59, I did read all the terms and nowhere does it say the price reflects all discounts ( I am using the new cruise planner ).

Anyway cancelled my current packages and went to rebook... new price was actually £50 more than I paid last time..... Its not a massive amount more in the scheme of things but I feel like I was deceived and it leaves a sour taste. 

Have asked for my original order to be reinstated but don't hold out much hope.

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

If you look a bit closely, there's a note that says something like "price includes all discounts."

I am using the new cruise planner and it does not mention that "price includes all discounts". When you look it implies that the discount would be off the £59.51 and I fell for it. 😥

image.png.670b3d1609f9ebf9b57b69a8cfe4eaad.png

image.png.2a4cd322d1bb428b7781eb2d84f6e59e.png

1 hour ago, AndySFC said:

Saw this offer and assumed it was 50% the price shown of £59, I did read all the terms and nowhere does it say the price reflects all discounts ( I am using the new cruise planner ).

It's even worse than that - the %off is from a made up number (which they can just change at any time) for the price on board.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

For a cruise I'm monitoring, the BOGO comes out to $69.  Pass.

You are correct! We just tried to buy the pkg for DH n I in the same cabin. the price came to 923.86 for our May 8 on Oasis. So, 69x7=483x2=966.

Total BS. We are Diamond+ so really don't need the pkg. We were trying to help our DD who is traveling with us. 

Stay Safe & Happy Cruising!

37 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It's even worse than that - the %off is from a made up number (which they can just change at any time) for the price on board.

Yep, % off from a made up number and doesn't include Gratuity/taxes. So $56/day becomes like $80/day. But that's still better than $100 🙂

I recently repurchased on this deal, and while it wasn't really close to the BOGO Half Off Price as it should be, it was still cheaper than the full price (which was like $75/day base plus all the gratuities and everything bumping it to like $100/day).

These sales are nowhere as good as they really claim, but they are still good to watch out for to save some cash.

5 hours ago, LivLove2Cruise said:

Why can't you check?  Just put it in your cart and see what happens.  They will give you a total due.  Just don't hit submit or enter a cc number.

2 hours ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

image.png.04feb9ee81fb8c878c00299ae26ead2c.png 

For instance on the example before adding to the cart every item in my planner shows price shown reflects your discount.   

Personally, I think that is false advertisement, regardless.

JMHO!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

But if they have been doing it for the past 8 years and you know about it, is it?

Never thought of buying pkg. Diamond+, 5 drinks more than enough. 

BC they do it for years makes it OK?

I just checked my price for the Wonder next Friday, and it's really 25% off each, which came to $1092.00. No thanks. I'm Diamond and get 4 free per day anyway, so I'll use them plus a few beers in between. My wife only drinks a little, so there's no reason to get conned.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

image.png.04feb9ee81fb8c878c00299ae26ead2c.png 

For instance on the example before adding to the cart every item in my planner shows price shown reflects your discount.   

Your cruise planner looks different to mine, I think we in Europe have a new/different one, interestingly the 50% off offer is not stated anywhere that the price shown reflects discount so I was expecting one at £59.51 and one at £29.75 which I think was a reasonable assumption without prior knowledge of the package prices.

image.thumb.png.b1600ed3f7e931338ae8d85dfda16842.png

Neither does it mention it in the page information, unfortunately I am a new cruiser so was not aware of the interesting approach to sales and cancelled my current package only to find out the new one was actually £50 more, you live and learn. I have requested RCL to look at this and maybe offer Onboard Credit to cover the difference and rebook, however I don't hold out much hope.

So maybe not false advertising, but I would say purposely ambiguous at best.

3 hours ago, AndySFC said:

Your cruise planner looks different to mine, I think we in Europe have a new/different one, interestingly the 50% off offer is not stated anywhere that the price shown reflects discount so I was expecting one at £59.51 and one at £29.75 which I think was a reasonable assumption without prior knowledge of the package prices.

image.thumb.png.b1600ed3f7e931338ae8d85dfda16842.png

Neither does it mention it in the page information, unfortunately I am a new cruiser so was not aware of the interesting approach to sales and cancelled my current package only to find out the new one was actually £50 more, you live and learn. I have requested RCL to look at this and maybe offer Onboard Credit to cover the difference and rebook, however I don't hold out much hope.

So maybe not false advertising, but I would say purposely ambiguous at best.

We thought the same way. But, when we tried to buy,  it didn't price out that way.