Help for a newbie. 😁

xbatt8

New to Princess and have a couple of questions. Tried to finish up all my pre boarding stuff for an Alaskan cruise in May/June. So far I’ve been able to do most of the pre work on the Medallion App, except for boarding group and dining reservations. At what point can I select my boarding group, and when can I select my dining reservations? Thank you in advance.

Bob

Welcome to Princess!  We will be on the Majestic out of SF on the 5/20 sailing to Alaska. Which ship/sailing are you on?

You can select your boarding group as it gets closer to your sailing.  I wish I could say it's a certain number of days, but just keep checking and it will open up soon.  Dining reservations should be the same.  If you have OBC that you want to use for specialty dining, wait until you board to make those reservations.  Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

All I can say is that you should keep checking for boarding group. Of our two cruises last year, I was able to get that a week before final payment on one and just two weeks out on the other. For our 4/23 cruise this year, arrival times were available a week or two back. I've been able to select dining reservations from the get-go on all of them, but I have some notion that this is based on loyalty club level.

• Like 1

Hello Bob,

You can pick your boarding about 40+ days prior to your cruise.  You should be able to make your dining reservations already.  Click on the icon on the app's home screen where it looks like a clock with a fork and knife.  You can choose your dining time(s)  Sometimes there are issues with the servers/app connections.  Wait a bit and try again.

• Like 1

Thank you all very much. We are on the Crown Princess out of Seattle. I guess I will just keep checking in periodically until it lets me choose a group and dining options. 

thanks again,

Bob

It varies from voyage to voyage and from port to port it seems.

I am sailing to Alaska out of Seattle on Discovery Princess in May and our arrival times were available 59 days in advance!  Just keep checking.  Yours may pop up that early too!

• Like 1