New 2022 Coral Princess Releases

We have booked the 3 day Brisbane to Sydney 19/8, then the 12 Day to Conflict Islands on the 22/8 so a B2B

Got the same cabin for both cruises and the same one as our World cruise 2023.

Very happy to be cruising again  

I tried to book on website, but it crashed, so rang our planner and she was able to book them immediately.

Tanya

• Like 1

Our booking emails came in 20 minutes after bookings opened.

We got the Suite we wanted on the 7 night cruise in June but the fare was a lot higher than I expected, but when I check now there is still one suite available in that category but the fare is lower. But, of course, the booking system has crashed as expected. 

We didn't get a suite on the 12 night cruise out of Sydney but did get our second choice of a Club Class Mini Suite at exactly the fare I expected.

6 minutes ago, stki said:

We have booked the 3 day Brisbane to Sydney 19/8, then the 12 Day to Conflict Islands on the 22/8 so a B2B

Got the same cabin for both cruises and the same one as our World cruise 2023.

Very happy to be cruising again  

I tried to book on website, but it crashed, so rang our planner and she was able to book them immediately.

Tanya

Great news Tanya.  We still use Debra for all our bookings.  

• Like 1

I knew the booking system would go down today. That's exactly what happened two years ago when they released those Sapphire bookings without having the Elite advance booking day. Silly Princess! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I was after the exact same thing, but my Princess Cruise Planner got me a mini-suite instead.

I got onto the website early and I saw a free Vista suite sitting there, but I thought my PCP will get that.

I should have booked it there and then. 😡

The same thing happened to us.

Asked for a suite as 1st preference, club class as second and we would take a mini if that was all that was available.

She gave us a mini suite and yet the other two are still available. 😡

Last time we do that.

10 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Asked for a suite as 1st preference, club class as second and we would take a mini if that was all that was available.

Last time we do that.

The mini suites on Coral Princess are good, had one on Panama Canal cruise, Fort Lauderdale to LA.

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The mini suites on Coral Princess are good, had one on Panama Canal cruise, Fort Lauderdale to LA.

Thanks Uncle Les,

We may stick with it, at least she booked us on the right cruise. 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Our booking emails came in 20 minutes after bookings opened.

We got the Suite we wanted on the 7 night cruise in June but the fare was a lot higher than I expected, but when I check now there is still one suite available in that category but the fare is lower. But, of course, the booking system has crashed as expected. 

We didn't get a suite on the 12 night cruise out of Sydney but did get our second choice of a Club Class Mini Suite at exactly the fare I expected.

We got our booking before 9am  however it was very expensive compared to my quote. I emailed planner back and then a new invoice appeared with correct pricing. Might be worth asking the question about your pricing.

4 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

We got our booking before 9am  however it was very expensive compared to my quote. I emailed planner back and then a new invoice appeared with correct pricing. Might be worth asking the question about your pricing.

I've already left a message for my planner but haven't heard back. I didn't actually get a quote but was just going by the lead-in fares but they didn't distinguish between a Premium and a Vista suite. I allowed for the fare to be a bit higher because of the Premium midships location but not as high as it turned out to be.  It's not a big problem, just a bit annoying.

48 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Last time we do that.

It's possible the suites and club class were on hold so appeared fully booked while she did your booking then freed up again a while later. Wait until the website is working again then see what's available. You might be able to upgrade.

Also the website was doing some weird things before it crashed totally.

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's possible the suites and club class were on hold so appeared fully booked while she did your booking then freed up again a while later. Wait until the website is working again then see what's available. You might be able to upgrade.

Also the website was doing some weird things before it crashed totally.

Thanks OzKiwi,

This is what my husband thinks also.

We have left her a message and sent her an email.

First world problem, mini suite verses a full suite.

At least we have a cruise booked out of Australia that isn't going to be cancelled and a home to come back to that hasn't been shelled. Count my blessings. 🙂

Karryl

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NSWP said:

No cruises planned. I don't see much value in paying double bubble as a solo.

I lost my wife from the big C in May 2020., I am still shattered. I have done a dozen road trips in the past 18 months. Up to the Gold Coast on Sunday see my brother and sister.   Are you missing Batemans Bay? We have a new bridge now, lol.

192086142_10160423718188532_5886076511113065506_n.jpg.c45b35b002a814427906147bbf924ea5.jpg

OMG ..Les, how terrible for you, thats just tragic, you must be absolutely gutted, so so sorry to hear that...... our very deepest condolences to you and your family... we do hope to meet up with you on a cruise one day..... ..and, yes...we do miss the Bay, the lovely weather and

the jazz club etc, lots to do there, but we are very happy being here with our kids and grandkids, we are very settled..needing  a  cruise.. as there have been health issues here  over the past year or so, knee replacements are on the list, and lots of other stuff as we get older.very best wishes...x

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kenexx said:

Great news Tanya.  We still use Debra for all our bookings.  

Hi guys, and Tanya,   good to see you all booking, hope to catch up with you all at some point, I am off to see if there is a rollcall started yet...x

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Where is the best place for secure car parking while we're on the cruise out of Brisbane? We've decided to drive up so we make it into a slightly longer holiday.

There is expensive parking right thee at the terminal. But I have been reading elsewhere that people might still use those off airport parking places as they will bus you to the terminal. We will be getting a taxi as we live in Brisbane.

40 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Where is the best place for secure car parking while we're on the cruise out of Brisbane? We've decided to drive up so we make it into a slightly longer holiday.

Check out Portside Parking. For many years they operated a parking facility a few hundred metres away from Portside. They had under cover and also outdoor parking. There website currently has the following information:

With the opening of the new Brisbane International Cruise Ship Terminal at Luggage Point Pinkenba, Portside Parking is also building a brand new dedicated cruise car park at 142 Main Beach Road at Pinkenba located 600 meters from the new terminal. With 1400 under cover car park spaces we will be the largest provider of car parking for people cruising from Brisbane. Our existing facility will also continue to service our local and airport customers.

Here is the cost of parking at Portside Parking. For a seven-night cruise you will have to pay for eight days because the charge is calculated on full days plus part days. This will be cheaper for us than paying two taxi fares. We live around 30 minutes' drive from Portside. When we checked out the new terminal, if was a further 20 minutes' drive because it is a fairly slow road. Taxis would cost us more than double the cost of parking if we were on a seven-night cruise.

No. of days Secure Indoor Lockup Secure Open Air
1 $45.00 $40.00
2 $54.00 $45.00
3 $65.00 $50.00
4 $80.00 $55.00
5 $85.00 $60.00
6 $95.00 $65.00
7 $99.00 $70.00
8 $105.00 $75.00
9 $110.00 $80.00
10 $115.00 $85.00
11 $120.00 $90.00
12 $125.00 $95.00
13 $130.00 $100.00
14 $135.00 $105.00
15 $140.00 $110.00
Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Check out Portside Parking. For many years they operated a parking facility a few hundred metres away from Portside. They had under cover and also outdoor parking. There website currently has the following information:

With the opening of the new Brisbane International Cruise Ship Terminal at Luggage Point Pinkenba, Portside Parking is also building a brand new dedicated cruise car park at 142 Main Beach Road at Pinkenba located 600 meters from the new terminal. With 1400 under cover car park spaces we will be the largest provider of car parking for people cruising from Brisbane. Our existing facility will also continue to service our local and airport customers.

Here is the cost of parking at Portside Parking. For a seven-night cruise you will have to pay for eight days because the charge is calculated on full days plus part days. This will be cheaper for us than paying two taxi fares. We live around 30 minutes' drive from Portside. When we checked out the new terminal, if was a further 20 minutes' drive because it is a fairly slow road. Taxis would cost us more than double the cost of parking if we were on a seven-night cruise.

No. of days Secure Indoor Lockup Secure Open Air
1 $45.00 $40.00
2 $54.00 $45.00
3 $65.00 $50.00
4 $80.00 $55.00
5 $85.00 $60.00
6 $95.00 $65.00
7 $99.00 $70.00
8 $105.00 $75.00
9 $110.00 $80.00
10 $115.00 $85.00
11 $120.00 $90.00
12 $125.00 $95.00
13 $130.00 $100.00
14 $135.00 $105.00
15 $140.00 $110.00

Thanks, that sounds exactly what we want. Decent prices too.

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We have used the parking service many times when leaving from Portside. It is very efficient and works well. We will certainly use it for future cruises.

They don't appear to have their new parking facility open yet, the address is the Portside one. Nevertheless it sounds like good secure parking so I'm happy with that.

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They don't appear to have their new parking facility open yet, the address is the Portside one. Nevertheless it sounds like good secure parking so I'm happy with that.

The address they give - Main Beach Road, Pinkenba - would be for their new facility. Their previous one (new Portside) was in Curtin Av West, just off Remora Road. The Pinkenba area is a run-down awful industrial area. I imagine land would have been reasonably priced. They might have been able to buy a large warehouse. That is what they did for the Hamilton parking faciity.

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The address they give - Main Beach Road, Pinkenba - would be for their new facility. Their previous one (new Portside) was in Curtin Av West, just off Remora Road. The Pinkenba area is a run-down awful industrial area. I imagine land would have been reasonably priced. They might have been able to buy a large warehouse. That is what they did for the Hamilton parking faciity.

I just made a booking and it gave the Curtin Av West address. Perhaps that will change closer to the cruise date. Google maps showed the Pinkenba address as a vacant site but that photo could be quite old.