Ovation of the Seas Questions

We are holding a Cabin for a cruise out of Australia to New Zealand on ovation next January. We have been on the harmony, the explorer, serenade and the radiance.  This ship looks completely different than any of the ships we have been on. Plus we've never been to Australia. Before I put a nonrefundable deposit down I'm just trying to make sure this is a wise use of a lot of money.

If you have done this cruise what did you think? And what do you think about the ovation itself? We are holding a grand suite with a large balcony which looks wonderful from the pictures. Thanx!

Edited by Scubadoc

24 minutes ago, Scubadoc said:

We are holding a Cabin for a cruise out of Australia to New Zealand on ovation next January. We have been on the harmony, the explorer, serenade and the radiance.  This ship looks completely different than any of the ships we have been on. Plus we've never been to Australia. Before I put a nonrefundable deposit down I'm just trying to make sure this is a wise use of a lot of money.

If you have done this cruise what did you think? And what do you think about the ovation itself? We are holding a grand suite with a large balcony which looks wonderful from the pictures. Thanx!

Ovation is a great ship and New Zealand is a great destination. I’m on the January 24 cruise..this will be my 4th cruise on Ovation around NZ.

Youtube Ovation in Milford sounds 

Ovation is a Quantum class ship.  Being a different class of ship does mean the ship layout is different. 

Personally I really like Quantum class and I've sailed them a dozen times in different regions.  They are not as large as Oasis class and don't have a viking crown.  I like them because they are different but some people don't like different.  Great Windjammer layout, beautiful Solarium.  They are large ships but not so large that they can't support tendering operations which is required at some NZ ports of call.

New Zealand is an amazing destination as is Australia.  I look forward to going back and would have by now if COVID hadn't happened.

My trip report from 2020:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Ovation is a great ship and New Zealand is a great destination. I’m on the January 24 cruise..this will be my 4th cruise on Ovation around NZ.

Youtube Ovation in Milford sounds 

and I hope and pray all goes well and no more delays.  You folks in Australia deserve to get back to cruising

• Like 2

My first Quantum class sailing (finally) was on the Ovation’s last 2 sailings in Oct., and I will be back on her first sailing in May. I loved her. And I agree with BeekaW. The solarium and 270 are my favorite places on the ship.

I have 3 more booked next year for the South Pacific, NZ, and the TP. I have had to move these 3 times, so I hope next year will be a go. 
I have been to Australia twice, and besides it being a great place, the people are just the kindest you would ever want to meet. I travel solo, and they were always so helpful if I had questions.

No negatives about the Ovation or Australia from me.

• Thanks 1

I was on Ovation in Alaska. The Two70 theater is amazing, with incredible aft views, its own cafe, and the Pixels show. Top-notch talent and shows in the main theatre too. I loved the Solarium and its cafe as a way to avoid the WJ, with a unique dinner option also. The Ifly and bumper cars were fun, even for a 60 yr old. Incredible, modern design and artwork. Music Hall is also a great venue. I went to different dining rooms until I got a good table in Silk, and then breakfast and lunch in the lower dining room on deck 3, less crowded and with waves outside the windows. I loved it at 30% occupancy and with few kids-it might be less appealing at full occupancy. It’s beyond idiotic to let the ship sit idle now when it could be doing 7-day trips to Mexico.