Any "cant miss" Carnival excursions on the mexican riviera?

Wife and I booked the Panorama in late june, headed to puerto vallarta, mazatlan(i think) and cabo.  

Has anyone experienced a top notch excursion, through Carnival, in one of those ports?   we'll have some OBC/gift cards to burn and i've never been to any of those ports.  

(as a big sammy hagar/van halen fan i'm sure to stop at Cabo Wabo right before ship departs .... which is odd, since i've never stepped foot in the one on the Vegas strip despite being there a dozen times) 

7 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

We normally don't do excursions but people seem to love Rhythms of the Night in PV

Yes, this!  It was one of our best Carnival excursions.  We had such a great time and the show was absolutely amazing.  I highly recommend this excursion.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

We did a great ziplining tour in Cabo - but it's been quite a few years so not sure if they still offer that specific tour, though I would think there's something similar. Just be warned that the hiking between ziplines is fairly tough especially with the heat and full sunshine there. Someone who isn't very active or has mobility or certain health issues may struggle with the hiking. 

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Yes, this!  It was one of our best Carnival excursions.  We had such a great time and the show was absolutely amazing.  I highly recommend this excursion.

I will third on this one; if I end up back in PV we will absolutely do this one again! Also, if you are a photographer anything before the show is and after is so much fun to do. I would recommend a dry bag for your camera though for the boat ride over. 

• Like 1

Another vote for Rhythms of the Night. And if you want some good, cheap, authentic Mexican food in Cabo, walk up a block from Cabo Wabo,  and go to Gordo Lele’s. Javier is the best. Just check on TripAdvisor and you will see how much people love him.

PS Javier’s menu is pesos, not USD. So don’t get sticker shock if a taco says $30…that about $1.50USD

489A4D7E-B040-4BC8-AD00-7338FA110B5C.png

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, pinto18 said:

We normally don't do excursions but people seem to love Rhythms of the Night in PV

How do you attend this if your only in port for the day? .

We did PV food and tequila tour and it was one of the best days in Puerto Vallarta ever. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sjg1002 said:

I will third on this one; if I end up back in PV we will absolutely do this one again! Also, if you are a photographer anything before the show is and after is so much fun to do. I would recommend a dry bag for your camera though for the boat ride over. 

We did the daytime excursion to the Island and loved it!

I loved Salsa Salsa in Mazatlan. The place of the excursion is right on the beach and it's this beautiful open air building. You're seated at large round tables that sit multiple parties and are served endless margaritas while making red and green salsa. You're then given time after to lay out at their pool or on the beach or go into the small shops on the road. I really look forward to going back one day. 

• Like 2

On 3/18/2022 at 2:13 PM, AMediator said:

How do you attend this if your only in port for the day? .

We did PV food and tequila tour and it was one of the best days in Puerto Vallarta ever. 

The excursion starts at 3:30 and returns just before the ship leaves about 9pm. It is awesome!

• Like 1

We had a great excursion in Cabo! It was the Cabo Adventures camel ride on the beach with a tequila tasting, and lunch included. The buffet lunch was fantastic and the camel ride on the beach was epic! Including the bus ride to get there, it basically took the whole time in port. We have been to Cabo many times so that was no problem for us. 

• Like 1

Just got back from this cruise.  We enjoyed the mini speedboat excursion in Mazatlan.  It's about an hour long ride in these two passenger boats at a resort called El Cid in the marina.  We passed some really beautiful homes on the water.  You also get a couple of hours on the private beach or the pools with open bar and a buffet lunch.

We did a whale watching excursion in Cabo with Cabo Nature rather than a ship excursion.  It's a woman-owned new business where the captains are all oceanographers.  There is also someone who takes great photos for you so you can focus on finding and watching the whales.  Highly recommend.  Only 8 people per boat.  Just have to take a water taxi from where the tenders dock to the terminal.  

DSC_0466.JPG

DSC_0469.JPG

• Like 1