Cozumel Question

Mklbee

1 hour ago, Mklbee said:

Can you simply walk over to the Royal Caribbean port from The carnival port?

Thanks

Puerta Maya and International terminals are about 1500 feet apart, so distance wouldn't be a problem. Don't know how accessible it is. Are you planning on meeting someone off a Royal ship?

58 minutes ago, Mklbee said:

No. My wife is interested in different shops and restaurants. I wanted to make sure it was allowed. Thanks for your response.

I don’t know from personal experience but I do know outsiders can access Margaritaville (have never understood the logic of moving Margaritaville to International  but that is another issue!), and therefore the rest of the shopping area which is before security gate for the ship. 

When you access port area from the taxi lot they ask to see a seapass card but presumably a Carnival card is OK unless there is another side entrance - I have never in 15 years entered from the south! I have wondered how land vacationers access Margaritaville. Since we have never been to any of the bars or restaurants in the port area (much better outside) it is merely a passing thought.

Plenty of shops across the road from Puerta Maya, or in Royal Village, across from International. Puerta Maya is much newer than International despite its updates and some people from International actually go to Puerta Maya. Also Bars and restaurants north of International.

Edited by c-leg5

21 hours ago, Mklbee said:

Thanks for the info

IIRC, there's not much difference in the shops at either port and Puerta Maya has more.  You're basically looking at your standard port jewelry/watches/ duty free stores and some local branches of shops downtown. Most notably Cinco Soles and Roger's Boots.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, mondello said:

Saw a post in a recent review where they were denied entry by a guard, kept on walking and went in a different entrance.

Difficult to comment as to why this was without further information.

Did they try to access an entrance from the road that was vehicles only or were they denied access at the entrance to the shopping area?

6 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Difficult to comment as to why this was without further information.

Did they try to access an entrance from the road that was vehicles only or were they denied access at the entrance to the shopping area?

They said they walked up to the entrance and were denied entry to the port and shopping because they didn't have an appropriate S&S card for ship(s) in that port. Posted they walked on and found another side entrance and walked right in. Yes, this was only to access the shopping/dining area. No security breach and no animals harmed.

My wife and I did walk to a second entrance to access the port area just north of the Carnival port site. That port had different places to eat (Margaritaville, Senor Frogs, Bubba Gump Shrimp) and that's the main reason we went....was to eat at a different place. 

I'm not really a shopper, but my wife was very happy with the deals she found in the mall area at the 'other" port.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mklbee said:

My wife and I did walk to a second entrance to access the port area just north of the Carnival port site. That port had different places to eat (Margaritaville, Senor Frogs, Bubba Gump Shrimp) and that's the main reason we went....was to eat at a different place. 

I'm not really a shopper, but my wife was very happy with the deals she found in the mall area at the 'other" port.

OK, so since there seems to be some confusion can you confirm that you entered the port area through the parking lot and then entered the shopping area near the taxi dispatch and walked through a shopping area, or is there a back entrance to the shops?

Did you have to show a Carnival sail pass? Obviously you weren’t able to access the pier after security.

As I said earlier, I have never looked for another entrance and I am wondering if there is one near the small bar behind Margaritaville that would enable us to miss all the inside shops! I believe ship excursions may exit somewhere near there.

Also has Bubba Gump reopened? - it looked decidedly closed earlier this year?

Edited by c-leg5

There is what looks like an entrance that is maybe 20 yards from the Carnival port. There was a guard there and he said that there was no entrance to the Independence port from that location. About another quarter of a mile was a larger entrance. I showed my Sail N Sign card but I'm not sure that I had to. The ladies at the gate just waved us in.

Bubba Gump Shrimp was very closed while we were there. It was buttoned up like it may be closed for good.

• Thanks 1

Bubba Gump here in Charleston closed before Covid, so I'm sure if the chain was on the ropes pre-covid, the restaurant  might have gotten finished off by Covid.

Try a local restaurant or at the very least a local chain like Pancho's Backyard. in Cozumel.

Don't eat at any chain you can eat at back in the Us or at any other Caribbean port.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

We will be on a Celebrity ship which I understand docks at the International Pier. Can anyone tell me how to get from there to Margaritaville? I have a 12 year T-Shirt that desperately needs to be replaced!😮

Doug

It is at the pier.

On 7/26/2022 at 2:38 PM, PaperSniper4 said:

We will be on a Celebrity ship which I understand docks at the International Pier. Can anyone tell me how to get from there to Margaritaville? I have a 12 year T-Shirt that desperately needs to be replaced!😮

Doug

It will be very easy. As soon as you walk off the ship, you'll see Margaritaville.

On 7/26/2022 at 1:43 PM, c-leg5 said:

It is at the pier.

Really, Margarita is near the International Pier 'way south of the city? For some reason I thought it had been moved several years ago, but I can't remember at which pier we were at that time. I think we were on an NCL ship that time; I know if was not  Celebrity. I need to get a replacement T-Shirt and the other thing we like to do in San Miguel is eat or have a drink at Las Palmas restaurante, which is  downtown.

Sounds like we can grab a t-***** then take a cab up to Las Palmas!

Thank you!

Doug

16 hours ago, Mklbee said:

It will be very easy. As soon as you walk off the ship, you'll see Margaritaville.

Thanks. I was under the false memory it was near the Langusta pier. That happens to me more often than I like at my age!😮

Doug

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks. I was under the false memory it was near the Langusta pier. That happens to me more often than I like at my age!😮

Doug

You are correct, don’t worry! 

It used to be in town near Jeannie’s and Rolandii’s. It had some water toys I believe - never actually went just aware from the other properties. 

When International was re-vamped s few years ago Margaritaville moved there to a location to the right just as you exit the long pier, before you go through all the shops. 

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

You are correct, don’t worry! 

It used to be in town near Jeannie’s and Rolandii’s. It had some water toys I believe - never actually went just aware from the other properties. 

When International was re-vamped s few years ago Margaritaville moved there to a location to the right just as you exit the long pier, before you go through all the shops. 

"When International was re-vamped s few years ago Margaritaville moved there to a location to the right just as you exit the long pier, before you go through all the shops.  "

Ah - sounds like I can find it now!

Doug