Splendor pool loungers

Tsunami74

On 3/27/2022 at 4:01 PM, Pcardad said:

Perhaps they assume the likelihood of a Senior Citizen Rumble over deck chairs is unlikely...but on a serious note, what was the response to your discussion with the GM and the comment card you submitted?

Seemed like a lot said without anything really being said. Trust this issue will play on for some time yet. 

16 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I think Regent has considered this and made a decision to leave things alone...

Agree with you. Very difficult for staff to intervene and have to hear about it from either side. Although, I would think the hogs would scream the loudest. They don’t care about anyone else so they surely would not care about vocally abusing staff.

My next cruise…..a healthy, but stealthy, sprinkling of chili powder on those lounge chairs! And hope hogs are wearing Speedos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pcardad said:

Verbally abusing staff = removal from ship. Regent is OK with this based on history...but Regent prefers not to tell a client "No" if it can be avoided. A fine line to walk...but they do it very well.

Would hope that is still the case re abusing staff. My concern is that in this “COVID climate”, with so many dollars lost over the past couple years, that Regent would still enforce that rule rather than risk losing more dollars and customers. Regardless…..our Splendor cruise March 17 was sensational, and aside from chair hogs, we had a great time with fellow cruisers and staff. 

5 minutes ago, Gpilon said:

Would hope that is still the case re abusing staff. My concern is that in this “COVID climate”, with so many dollars lost over the past couple years, that Regent would still enforce that rule rather than risk losing more dollars and customers. Regardless…..our Splendor cruise March 17 was sensational, and aside from chair hogs, we had a great time with fellow cruisers and staff. 

If Regent did not remove abusive guests, they would lose even more business. Besides, I know of a number of "removed" guests who have returned to sail again...with slightly better attitudes.

44 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Verbally abusing staff = removal from ship. Regent is OK with this based on history...but Regent prefers not to tell a client "No" if it can be avoided. A fine line to walk...but they do it very well.

At least they have more backbone than the academy awards.

• Like 2