Embarkation: can you drop off your luggage in your stateroom if the rooms aren't ready?

7 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

Recent cruisers:    does anyone have any knowledge of being able to drop off your luggage in your stateroom before the announcement is made that the staterooms are  ready?  

No. Please just check your bags with the porters. Your fellow passengers will be happier not having to work around you and your bags in the halls and restaurants. 

The absolute worst thing you can do is sneak in, put your bags in the room, and then lock your doors so no one takes them. You mess up the turn over processing since not everyone that is prepping our room has a master key. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Speaking of perfectly responsible information, my first SS is pending.  I will get it on my birthday! 😊 

OH wow!!  Happy birthday "youngster".   😄   And congrats on getting back on the "payroll".  😉 

Now I would not buy The Key just for this, but it is one of the benefits. If you have The Key, you drop off your carry-ons at a designated spot once you board, and it is delivered to your stateroom. We did this with 3 carry-ons our last cruise, one of them being a case of water. 

14 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Celebrity allows passengers to drop off bags in the rooms on Revolutionized ships. Not on the ones that did not go through that renovation.

I sailed Reflection (won't be Revolutionized until this fall) last week and we were in our room unpacking our hand luggage at 11:35 AM.

My post was to provide 4 data points on post-restart sailings that may indicate a trend towards earlier room availability, or may simply be a happy consequence of reduced capacity. I will never say that what I experienced means it is always done that way.