Anyone else with early fll arrival and late check in

smj

On 3/20/2022 at 4:20 PM, CruiserBruce said:

As discussed here frequently, they really aren't rigidly following the boarding schedule...particularly if 4 or 5 star Mariner, or in a suite.

We’re not even 4 or 5 star and we showed up just before noon and walked right in. This was perhaps the quickest cruise check in I’ve ever experienced. 

I know these are repeated questions, but at least for me, i’m very appreciative that you answer them. Thanks to you and others I knew I didn’t have to sit in my hotel room. Instead, we quickly boarded the ship and had lunch in a nearly empty lido. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 2:10 PM, smj said:

We arrive early in Ft.Lauderdale but our check in time in 2pm. What should we do? I hate to sit at the airport or sit on the sidewalk at the pier.

FLL has nice benches outside the terminal entrance and the porters should start accepting luggage after 10:00 AM.  If you are seated on the benches, the HAL reps will most likely ask you to begin processing early if there is no crowd.  Never hurts to try.

In the past we did a red eye flight arriving at FLL before 6 a.m. - I think it was closer to 5. We rented a car. That way we had somewhere to put our luggage and a home base. We drove to several beaches and walked around, had a light outdoor cafe breakfast and in one case returned the car to the MIA airport since we were cruising out of that port. After returning the car we took a taxi to the port. Very close for FLL.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tcasey59 said:

You may have to wait in the terminal after checking in to board the ship.

Are they now allowing you to sit in the terminal?.  Early reports indicated not.   I have met a lot of cruise buddies sitting in the terminal, it doesn’t bother me at all

Did a 12/1 and 3/13 Rotterdam cruise with assigned times of 1:00.  we checked out of our hotel at 11:30, arrived at 11:40 and were immediately permitted to check and board by 12:00. I guess sailing at 50-60% capacity permits everyone to essentially walk on the ship. Have a great cruise.