Canceling Specialty Restaurants or Excursions

Shipswap

We have no intention of canceling any of the restaurant or excursion choices that we have made for our upcoming cruise. 
However, I haven’t been able to come across any policy on the Celebrity website.  Would anyone happen to know the policy, procedures and timelines? Thankyou!

If you book on line then cancel, the costs are refinded to the cc you used. If very close to sailing or cancel on board it’s returned as a refundable OBC. 

But once on board you need to cancel at least 48hrs prior to the tour and if within that they say they will try to sell your seat but if not they don’t refund it. 

that was the rules up to our Nov ‘21 cruise and hadn’t changed as far as I know. 

I made bookings before getting OBC’s I earned from upgrading, and cancelled them. My cc was refunded. 
I also booked a restaurant using OBC and later cancelled. My OBC was refunded. 

8 hours ago, Denny01 said:

But once on board you need to cancel at least 48hrs prior to the tour and if within that they say they will try to sell your seat but if not they don’t refund it.

It's 24 hours prior to scheduled start of tour.

*Shore Excursions can be cancelled or modified up to 24 hours prior to scheduled tour departure for a full refund. Excludes tours involving flights, trains, special events, overnight stays, hotel stays, Celebrity Exclusives, Multi-day Adventures and Private Journeys. These must be cancelled 30 days prior to sailing to avoid cancellation penalties.

With regards to ship sponsored 3rd part tours and other on board paid reservations, cancel 2 days prior to sailing and the amount spent is credited to your credit card used for the purchase.  Cancel after that and / or on board at least 1 day prior, the amount is issued to your stateroom account as an on board credit (OBC).   Cancelations made day of will not be refunded other than at the discretion of guest services for a medical or other similar reason. (More day of latitude is typically shown for specialty restaurants as no 3rd party is involved).

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Just FYI, I've received refunds for excursions when I've cancelled inside of the 24 hours.  I even received a refund on an excursion I cancelled about 1 hour before starting time.  I don't mean to say that you should expect that, mind you, as they are not bound to fulfill your request.  What I mean to say is that it's worth asking if you those happen to be the circumstances.

Just to explain a little, I did not actually call to cancel that tour that was 1 hour from starting.  I only called to let them know that I wouldn't be there.  The OBC refund just showed up on my account.  I was rather surprised!

1 hour ago, canderson said:

It's 24 hours prior to scheduled start of tour.

*Shore Excursions can be cancelled or modified up to 24 hours prior to scheduled tour departure for a full refund. Excludes tours involving flights, trains, special events, overnight stays, hotel stays, Celebrity Exclusives, Multi-day Adventures and Private Journeys. These must be cancelled 30 days prior to sailing to avoid cancellation penalties.

Thank you. My bad gouge doesn’t help

den