Return to Liberty… LIVE B2B 3/25/22

MeganGC1983

53 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Felt like I barely closed my eyes and Dustin was starting self-debark. Set the alarm But didn’t need it. Goodbye Liberty. It’s raining and sad out there, but here we go. 

No matter how long (or how many legs) the cruise is - debarkation morning is coming for you...  😞

On our 2/26 Reflection sailing there was a couple doing TEN B2B's (7-night cruises). Their world cruise had been cancelled and they had already rented their condo out in Florida, so after they came down from Canada - it was cruise time. I saw them a couple times during our "short stay" onboard - and it appeared that they don't drink or gamble... probably a good thing!!

Tom

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

It was fun following along! Which do you prefer now; a 7-nighter or a B2B 3+4?

7 nighters. It was fun to do the B2B but (not to be a snob) the 3 & 4 night people are not my jam. But I do love this crew. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

No matter how long (or how many legs) the cruise is - debarkation morning is coming for you...  😞

On our 2/26 Reflection sailing there was a couple doing TEN B2B's (7-night cruises). Their world cruise had been cancelled and they had already rented their condo out in Florida, so after they came down from Canada - it was cruise time. I saw them a couple times during our "short stay" onboard - and it appeared that they don't drink or gamble... probably a good thing!!

Tom

Goals! BTW Alberto is waiting for you. Make sure you tell him I said hello!!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

7 nighters. It was fun to do the B2B but (not to be a snob) the 3 & 4 night people are not my jam. But I do love this crew. 

Thank you for the live review.  My husband and I normally do 7 night cruises but I decided to book my first solo on a 3 night Liberty sailing as he will be doing a guys trip.  Just curious what was different about the passengers?  

15 minutes ago, karriec said:

Thank you for the live review.  My husband and I normally do 7 night cruises but I decided to book my first solo on a 3 night Liberty sailing as he will be doing a guys trip.  Just curious what was different about the passengers?  

The 3 day was most definitely a party cruise. Every bar was packed and everyone was loud all the time. And they are all so lost and confused. The mustard thing is confusing to them. They don’t understand the crew. Someone is always trying to pay in cash, upset about straws, etc. I’m in no way saying I know everything! But I try to pay attention and for the most part, I’m pretty courteous. I saw more entitled people on these sailings than I have in awhile. Like this “is my vacation and I can do whatever I want”… leaving messes, etc. 

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, karriec said:

I'll throw in my $.02 ...

In my experience the shorter (4-nt and even more so the 3-nts) will have a little more boisterous crowd. Given the generally lower outlay of cash required for shorter sailings, that will attract a slightly higher percentage of folks who couldn't justify the higher cost of a longer cruise or didn't want to miss more work. Make of that what you will. 

There's still plenty of great people on shorter sailings. There's always going to be some people (on all cruises) who, owing to their presentation or actions, will stand out. There's probably a little more people watching potential on shorter sailings - things that might make you go "oh my" or "did you see that?". But, it's all good.  🙂

Tom

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

In my experience the shorter (4-nt and even more so the 3-nts) will have a little more boisterous crowd. Given the generally lower outlay of cash required for shorter sailings, that will attract a slightly higher percentage of folks who couldn't justify the higher cost of a longer cruise or didn't want to miss more work. Make of that what you will. 

There's still plenty of great people on shorter sailings. There's always going to be some people (on all cruises) who, owing to their presentation or actions, will stand out. There's probably a little more people watching potential on shorter sailings - things that might make you go "oh my" or "did you see that?". But, it's all good.  🙂

Tom

Very well said! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

I'm always amazed at how many people cruise for 4 to 8 weeks or so during the winter months. Basically snowbirds but they cruise instead of buying or renting in warmer areas because it ends up being cheaper when you add it all up. 

@MeganGC1983 Great review as always! I'm right there with you with the late night pizza after a day of maximizing CHEERS! It's like a ritual at this point!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

The 3 day was most definitely a party cruise. Every bar was packed and everyone was loud all the time. And they are all so lost and confused. The mustard thing is confusing to them. They don’t understand the crew. Someone is always trying to pay in cash, upset about straws, etc. I’m in no way saying I know everything! But I try to pay attention and for the most part, I’m pretty courteous. I saw more entitled people on these sailings than I have in awhile. Like this “is my vacation and I can do whatever I want”… leaving messes, etc. 

Thank you Megan.  I will hopefully be able to find a quiet spot to chill and enjoy.  Who knows maybe I will do a live review?  I don't normally get the WiFi packages but since I will want to keep in touch with my husband I will probably at least get the social.  Do you know if that includes Cruise Critic?

• Like 2

Just now, d12j28 said:

I'm always amazed at how many people cruise for 4 to 8 weeks or so during the winter months. Basically snowbirds but they cruise instead of buying or renting in warmer areas because it ends up being cheaper when you add it all up. 

@MeganGC1983 Great review as always! I'm right there with you with the late night pizza after a day of maximizing CHEERS! It's like a ritual at this point!

Thank you for following along. I rarely eat pizza at home, so gotta get those carbs in while at sea. 😆

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Thank you Tom!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, karriec said:

Thank you Megan.  I will hopefully be able to find a quiet spot to chill and enjoy.  Who knows maybe I will do a live review?  I don't normally get the WiFi packages but since I will want to keep in touch with my husband I will probably at least get the social.  Do you know if that includes Cruise Critic?

The social does NOT work with CC. social only works social medias that I can’t say here. The value does let you work cruise critic, get emails and peruse the internets. I hope to hear about your cruise soon. And love on my bar staff for me. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Another wifi question- can you text using the Premium package? Thanks in advance...

Yes, pictures and videos are hit or miss. But I’ve text all the iphone users and any android on wifi. Does that make sense? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SenatorsFan said:

Sorry to see this coming to an end. It was fun to follow along and I look forward to the next one, as I'm sure you do, too! 😄🍹Thanks.

Thank you for seeing it through. We should all cruise together sometime soon IRL. Lefties cruise!! 😆😆

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Yes, pictures and videos are hit or miss. But I’ve text all the iphone users and any android on wifi. Does that make sense? 

I have had the occasional issue (and this is with the streaming/premium - whatever they call it - plan) with Android text messages. Most will go through, or be received, but can be delayed. Sometimes to the tune of 5 minutes, 1 day, or then there's the couple texts I'll receive after getting back to land and turning off Carnival WiFi !!

This last time, Don and I had better messaging success using Fxxxxxxk Messenger (at his suggestion).

Overall though the internet onboard has improved significantly from several+ years ago. Now I can stream Sirius or Pandora all day long - should I want to.

Tom

• Like 1