Tahiti-Can we make an 8:20am flight home?

DrivesLikeMario

The airport is very close to the cruise dock. The issue is what time Oceania will let you disembark and have your luggage available for pick up. You can always wheel your own luggage off the ship which saves time. The airport is small and the airline counters ony open up a couple of hours (if that) before a flight. I would make sure there will be taxis available or have a private service pick you up. Also, the airlines could change the flight to an earlier time. Currently, the flights are going out at 7:40 am. to LAX.

Edited by TERRIER1

1 hour ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

The Regatta is scheduled to return to Papeete at 5:00am.  Would we be able to make an Air France 8:20am flight out of PPT?

Thanks for the help.

No. I was just off the Regatta last week in Papeete.  The port authorities cleared the paperwork at 8:30am so no one was allowed off the ship until then. 
There were some passengers flying Air France that were on the next day’s morning flight. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

No. I was just off the Regatta last week in Papeete.  The port authorities cleared the paperwork at 8:30am so no one was allowed off the ship until then. 
There were some passengers flying Air France that were on the next day’s morning flight. 

Okay, that's what we'll do then.  Thought we could make that 8:20 am flight but will just catch the next morning's flight.  Thanks so much.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Okay, that's what we'll do then.  Thought we could make that 8:20 am flight but will just catch the next morning's flight.  Thanks so much.

Good choice.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

The Regatta is scheduled to return to Papeete at 5:00am.  Would we be able to make an Air France 8:20am flight out of PPT?

Thanks for the help.

No..... check in time must be done an hour before departure   Thats 0720     and it takes 20 min to get to the airport from the tine you get to the taxis       What you do is to get off in Moorea the day before. Take the 0600 ferry that gets in at 0645...  you get to the airport by  0700.    Thats what I did...   Stay over in Moorea the night before and ferry in....OR  go direct to Papeete and stay by the airport.    That is the only way Because Airfrance done not  go every day...  you will have to wait several days to catch the next one.     I did this several years ago...  Air france business  is the way to go....... You have to get off in Moorea the day before....the ship will let you if you ask in advance

france maine, ak 2017 091.JPG

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

No..... check in time must be done an hour before departure   Thats 0720     and it takes 20 min to get to the airport from the tine you get to the taxis       What you do is to get off in Moorea the day before. Take the 0600 ferry that gets in at 0645...  you get to the airport by  0700.    Thats what I did...   Stay over in Moorea the night before and ferry in....OR  go direct to Papeete and stay by the airport.    That is the only way Because Airfrance done not  go every day...  you will have to wait several days to catch the next one.     I did this several years ago...  Air france business  is the way to go....... You have to get off in Moorea the day before....the ship will let you if you ask in advance

Outstanding picture.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Morea a wonderful place to stay for a few days.  Try the ITC in the over the water huts.  Really great.  Just like being in haven.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

I don't know what the OP's cruise itinerary is but Moorea was not our last port.  Raitea was and that's quite a bit further from Papeete. Getting off the ship that last night to ferry to Papeete before wasn't an option. 

I agree that staying in Moorea for a couple of day pre or post cruise is a great idea.  The Hilton is beautiful.  The ITC in Moorea is permanently closed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

I don't know what the OP's cruise itinerary is but Moorea was not our last port.  Raitea was and that's quite a bit further from Papeete. Getting off the ship that last night to ferry to Papeete before wasn't an option. 

I agree that staying in Moorea for a couple of day pre or post cruise is a great idea.  The Hilton is beautiful.  The ITC in Moorea is permanently closed. 

What is ITC ?    

Air France doesn't fly on Tuesday.  We get off on Monday so have to spend a little time there until the early AM Weds. flight.
Moorea is not our last port.  Raiatea is, so that won't work but maybe what we'll do is get off the ship and take the ferry to Bora Bora for a night, then take the ferry back to Tahiti and stay near the airport for the last night before the early morning flight. 

44 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Air France doesn't fly on Tuesday.  We get off on Monday so have to spend a little time there until the early AM Weds. flight.
Moorea is not our last port.  Raiatea is, so that won't work but maybe what we'll do is get off the ship and take the ferry to Bora Bora for a night, then take the ferry back to Tahiti and stay near the airport for the last night before the early morning flight. 

I believe the ferry is only between Tahiti and Moorea. I could be wrong but there is no ferry to Bora Bora.

19 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Is that really enough time to arrive at the airport at about 7:00ish for an 8:20am flight?  We'll be flying in business if that makes any difference.  I just think that would worry me to arrive that late to check in for a trans-Pacific flight.

7 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

Too bad. The ITC was a wonderful hotel.  Stayed there for 3 nights a few year ago.  The over the water huts were great...  Either way have a great time whatever you do. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Is that really enough time to arrive at the airport at about 7:00ish for an 8:20am flight?  We'll be flying in business if that makes any difference.  I just think that would worry me to arrive that late to check in for a trans-Pacific flight.

No....Its a hard rule the French have.   the manifest has to be closed.    I flew Business and it  made no difference to the cut off time...  Do not forget this is poly-nesia  where it takes 30 min to get a drink.... 

2 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

No....Its a hard rule the French have.   the manifest has to be closed.    I flew Business and it  made no difference to the cut off time...  Do not forget this is poly-nesia  where it takes 30 min to get a drink.... 

So are you saying we won't make the 8:20am flight if we take the 5:50am ferry from Moorea?

3 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

So are you saying we won't make the 8:20am flight if we take the 5:50am ferry from Moorea?

Sorry....YES  you will make it   We staued at  Kia Ora   so so rooms  great B fast terrible bar service

I did the very same trip recently...   your bags will beat you off the ferry  its a smooth op.  Your walk 200 ft to a ton of taxi and at that hour its 15 min to the airport.    If Business  you can check in Delta first or elite and get a fast track..   we made it with 20 min to spare.     Sit left side window  for a  island show that can not be beat,    

10 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Sorry....YES  you will make it   We staued at  Kia Ora   so so rooms  great B fast terrible bar service

I did the very same trip recently...   your bags will beat you off the ferry  its a smooth op.  Your walk 200 ft to a ton of taxi and at that hour its 15 min to the airport.    If Business  you can check in Delta first or elite and get a fast track..   we made it with 20 min to spare.     Sit left side window  for a  island show that can not be beat,    

20 min to spare is not a long time.  If 1 thing goes wrong you will be looking at your plane take off from the terminal. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Yeah, I tend to agree.  I don't like cutting things that close.

The only other choice is to stay in Tahiti the prior day.... and that is not fun.     Air france only  open check in 2 hours prior to departure...     Trust me   it works well   while you have 20 min for check in cut your  almost 2 hours prior to departure.