4/15 Pearl to Bermuda Itinerary

meglet

Good Morning All,

Has anyone confirmed with NCL the rather strange Sunday at Dockyard, Monday at sea, Tuesday in Dockyard situation?  I know our arrival is Easter Sunday and little if anything would be open, but are we really spending the day docked, then sailing around the island for a day, then going back to Dockyard for a day and overnight?  Something to do with offloading COVID tests given onboard and time for Bermuda to process them?  TIA for any info.

My cruise on April 8th is the same way. It isn't listed like this in the itinerary just when I go in to look at shore excursions. There are shore excursions listed in Bermuda for the second "at sea" day so I assume its just a mistake. I can't see them wasting fuel just to float around for a day.

image.png.876f9c3acad90f49fe1a436b4417a5e5.png

Yup, that is very odd.

It also looks like the "right" itinerary has more nights - and thus days - at Bermuda than in the past.

DIdn't this used to take an extra day in one direction?

And future Bermuda itineraries have an additional stop in Bar Harbor, presumably in place of one of those "slow sea days"?  But that's not showing for this cruise, even though the general description of the Boston-Bermuda itinerary does show "Bar Harbor" (or at least where I tend to look).

We'd love an extra night/day in Bermuda!

(We aren't going this year; in a future year... thanks Covid 😠 )

GC

54 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Yup, that is very odd.

It also looks like the "right" itinerary has more nights - and thus days - at Bermuda than in the past.

DIdn't this used to take an extra day in one direction?

And future Bermuda itineraries have an additional stop in Bar Harbor, presumably in place of one of those "slow sea days"?  But that's not showing for this cruise, even though the general description of the Boston-Bermuda itinerary does show "Bar Harbor" (or at least where I tend to look).

We'd love an extra night/day in Bermuda!

(We aren't going this year; in a future year... thanks Covid 😠 )

GC

For all intents and purposes that last day just a mirage . Look closely...the ship departs at 7 am. All you're getting is an extra couple of hours on the next to last day and an overnight in port.

On 3/22/2022 at 1:31 PM, njhorseman said:

For all intents and purposes that last day just a mirage . Look closely...the ship departs at 7 am. All you're getting is an extra couple of hours on the next to last day and an overnight in port.

You used to arrive on Sunday mid day (when many things are closed) and have to be on the ship by 2 on Tuesday, so only the bravest souls would plan anything far from the boat after noon. Now you have both Monday and Tuesday completely available all day and evening long to explore the entire island. A good change for us, though I do miss the extra sea time.

6 minutes ago, DaisyGoldberg said:

You used to arrive on Sunday mid day (when many things are closed) and have to be on the ship by 2 on Tuesday, so only the bravest souls would plan anything far from the boat after noon. Now you have both Monday and Tuesday completely available all day and evening long to explore the entire island. A good change for us, though I do miss the extra sea time.

Thanks.  That looks good.

What's happening about Bar Harbor?  Is that off the itinerary now, or does that port not start until some time in the future?  It was supposed to be on the return trip.

GC

10 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

What's happening about Bar Harbor?  Is that off the itinerary now, or does that port not start until some time in the future?  It was supposed to be on the return trip.

GC

We stop in Bar Harbor on our May cruise.

15 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

GC

There are two different itineraries to Bermuda from Boston. One includes Bar Harbor and the other does not. Early April and Early Nov 2022 are strictly Bermuda. May through August include the Bar Harbor stop.

Edited by BlushPell
date
  • Like 1