Atlas Bar on Onward

Riocca

3 hours ago, sovilav01 said:

You can ask your travel agent to add your email address on the booking. You will both receive emails.

not in the UK - that would have avoided a lot of issues in the past

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 9:39 AM, uktog said:

I think the style of the Best of the Best as it used to be would not transfer well to the end of Aqualina. It would also be quite off putting for any guests along the side. It would also be pretty noisy 

On 4/16/2022 at 10:48 AM, marinaro44 said:

B of B is a big step beyond a Chef's Table.  Seats 24, including four officers.  Served by four or six butlers.  

Would there be challenges?  Yes.

Would it be the same?  No.

Would it necessarily require the closing of Aqualina to the rest of the passengers?  No.

Edited by Jim in OR
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Riocca said:

We have been told that the Atlas bar is an evening only venue and that passengers are free to sit and relax in there during the day as they would the Living Room or The Den.

You and Carol enjoy your cruise and looking forward to your reports 👍

Phil 

38 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

You and Carol enjoy your cruise and looking forward to your reports 👍

Phil 

Thanks Phil, lots of familiar faces onboard, passengers and crew.

Naming ceremony was very impressive and most importantly the bottle broke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Riocca said:

We have been told that the Atlas bar is an evening only venue and that passengers are free to sit and relax in there during the day as they would the Living Room or The Den.

Thanks. It would have been great if they could have left the library during the day and maybe do something like a coffee place. I know nice places with that concept. 
Ivi

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

Thanks. It would have been great if they could have left the library during the day and maybe do something like a coffee place. I know nice places with that concept. 
Ivi

I would have loved a lounge bar yes coffees in the day but also somewhere that was an ideal pre dinner drinks place (not necessarily wacky cocktails) and post dinner drinks and/or coffee.  I love the concept in many of our favourite hotels, after dinner your coffee is served in the lounge and that can morph on into being the place for your night cap.

However, my guess, that was never going to happen, this had to become a revenue generating space in the eyes of the decision makers 

• Like 3

We had a drink in the Atlas Bar, and we liked it.  I didn’t really expect to, but I did. I’m zipping up my flame-proof suit now, because IMO it makes a very good late night venue.  It’s cozy and clubby, and more attractive than it looked in the photos. I had a glass of Moët & Chandon, and we will return on other nights, I think. It is a great shame about the ceiling, but what’s done is done, and getting an artist to repaint it would have taken more time than they probably had.  The glass is purposely streaky to give it character, but I think they should have gone for a similar look to the glass at the top of the stairs by The Mosaic cafe.

I think I have now spent more time in the venue than I ever did cumulatively on any of the sister ships in fifteen years of cruising with Azamara! (And before anyone wonders if I hate reading, 😄I have been a big fan of the Kindle app since it started.)

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, lisiamc said:

We had a drink in the Atlas Bar, and we liked it.  I didn’t really expect to, but I did. I’m zipping up my flame-proof suit now, because IMO it makes a very good late night venue.  It’s cozy and clubby, and more attractive than it looked in the photos. I had a glass of Moët & Chandon, and we will return on other nights, I think. It is a great shame about the ceiling, but what’s done is done, and getting an artist to repaint it would have taken more time than they probably had.  The glass is purposely streaky to give it character, but I think they should have gone for a similar look to the glass at the top of the stairs by The Mosaic cafe.

I think I have now spent more time in the venue than I ever did cumulatively on any of the sister ships in fifteen years of cruising with Azamara! (And before anyone wonders if I hate reading, 😄I have been a big fan of the Kindle app since it started.)

I will put my flame proof suit on and agree with you!  I think it looks like a nice venue. I also wish they had left the mural on the ceiling intact.

How do you find the furnishings?  Is the seating comfortable, making it conducive to spending some time in?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I will put my flame proof suit on and agree with you!  I think it looks like a nice venue. I also wish they had left the mural on the ceiling intact.

How do you find the furnishings?  Is the seating comfortable, making it conducive to spending some time in?

So far, I’ve only sat on the bar stools, which are pretty comfortable.  The chairs look like they will also be comfortable, so I shall have to try them too.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lisiamc said:

Tin hat on, I agree it’s a really nice place for drink and with so many people having the Premium package included upgrading to Ultimate it’s being well used. 
All the Signature cocktails are included on the Ultimate package but can be purchased by those without they are all the same price I think it’s $17.95 but I’ll check it tonight. The food is $6.50 per item and everybody pays but I’ve not seen anyone try it yet.

Elizabeth said the ceiling is supposed to replicate well traveled luggage, to me it looks like painted marble effect, it’s something that’s going to divide opinions but promote conversation.

• Like 2

Not trying to bring back the "TonicGate", but Azamara manages that by themselves.(Hendricks and Royal Club Tonic is not an exclusive combination)

Recent photo of the bar shows they are still stocking it up.

tonic.jpg

Edited by oddjob16

As someone who expects to never get an invite to “Best Of The Best”, can someone outline who qualifies. With envy in my heart, I suspect it’s limited to those who can afford multiple cruises each year, owner’s suite or club ocean  suites. Is that right or do others get included? Just curious.

12 minutes ago, AJCM said:

As someone who expects to never get an invite to “Best Of The Best”, can someone outline who qualifies. With envy in my heart, I suspect it’s limited to those who can afford multiple cruises each year, owner’s suite or club ocean  suites. Is that right or do others get included? Just curious.

Those who are willing to pay for their drinks and tapas qualify. No exclusive club here and also no best of the best. One more revenue making bar on a cruise line…

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

43 minutes ago, AJCM said:

Ten corner suites attend...six Club World and four Club Ocean.

The new bar looks really nice to me and I think all ships should offer somewhere that good cocktails can be served in a special environment.

The menu is similar to a bar on a recent night out in Didsbury Manchester UK, so its not too extreme.

I tend to get a little confused these days when I see a library exchange on a ship as after all if you are going to dedicate a lot of time to reading, you have to complete the book, then I'd bring one I like with me. The Russian roulette of chancing upon a book I want to spend so much of my holiday time with is something I can't quite understand.

I fully appreciate that others will take the opposite view, that is their choice of course

I don't think bars like this are just about extra cash, but of course that is a factor but also the changing demographic of targeted passengers and what those passengers expect to find and are happy to pay for

• Like 1

Azamara library was not an exchange. It was stocked with quality hardbacks albeit some had been donated by guests but had then been appropriately catalogued 

• Like 3

We are currently on Onward so are speaking from experience, the Atlas bar is a great place for a pre and after dinner drink and adds to the experience if you’re in the specialty restaurants. I would ask how many people sit and read in the library the evening? During the day the Atlas bar is open for those looking for a quiet space.

As regards the library space I’ve not seen it mentioned that there’s shelving both sides of the Living Room. One side currently has some books the other a few games but there’s plenty of space to build up the library as guests leave unwanted books, I remember Pursuits library was quite empty on the maiden.

Tin hat on but we will be keen to see the Atlas bar added to all the ships.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @Riocca for your comments and observations as you are currently sailing on Onward. I am not sure why some posters are relying only on other social media posts and not taking an unbiased view. I assume many on board feel well looked after (allowing for the limitations) accepting this is a maiden voyage.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Laganlady02 said:

Thank you @Riocca for your comments and observations as you are currently sailing on Onward. I am not sure why some posters are relying only on other social media posts and not taking an unbiased view. I assume many on board feel well looked after (allowing for the limitations) accepting this is a maiden voyage.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Thank you, yes we’re being very well looked after, all maiden voyages have there challenges and this is no exception but that’s part of the fun. Will be sad to leave the ship on Friday.

• Like 2