Garage Parking in Ft Lauderdale Cruise port

kitty9

We haven’t cruised Celebrity for about 5 years, and will be driving down to the port.  What terminals does X use and are there garages across the street from the terminals?  I’m disabled and the shuttles are not scooter accessible, so I’m hoping there are garages right there at the terminal.  

Thank you for any help

Sailed out of PEV just about 10 days ago. If you are on Apex / Edge, there is a good chance you will be at terminal 25 (across from the garage). If you are on Reflection, which we were, oh, baby! Terminal 28 means you can park in the central garage and they shuttle you (plan on at least 15 minutes each way due to frequency and waiting). Had I known that, I'd have parked at Park n Go instead and saved half my money! And yes, they can switch terminals, but they built the new terminal (25) for the Edge class ships, so it would stand to reason they'd use it for those.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killsport said:

Sailed out of PEV just about 10 days ago. If you are on Apex / Edge, there is a good chance you will be at terminal 25 (across from the garage). If you are on Reflection, which we were, oh, baby! Terminal 28 means you can park in the central garage and they shuttle you (plan on at least 15 minutes each way due to frequency and waiting). Had I known that, I'd have parked at Park n Go instead and saved half my money! And yes, they can switch terminals, but they built the new terminal (25) for the Edge class ships, so it would stand to reason they'd use it for those.

I agree.  Park N Go is a great choice.  I use them all the time for the airport and have seen many people in wheelchairs take their shuttle.  You drop your vehicle off next to the shuttle and they even drop you right at your vehicle when you return. If you are on a cruise longer than 10 days, sign up for a VIP pass and get a free day.

Theoretically if the OP can't ride a port shuttle with a scooter, she can't ride Park 'n' Go's.

You may need to be dropped off at the terminal and have the others in your party park and join you.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

You may need to be dropped off at the terminal and have the others in your party park and join you.

If the OP is sailing on Edge or Apex, the chances that she will sail from Terminal 25 are 99.999%.  The same chances, based on my observations this season, are the same for other Celebrity vessels, except for Reflection.  Reflection always seems to be at Terminal 29.  If the ship is at Terminal 29, being dropped off and then having the car parked is wise.  The Mid-Port Garage is near Terminal 25, but, it is not "just across the street".  It's "across the street" and the next building South of Terminal 21.  Someone using a scooter would be better served by being dropped off at Terminal 25 and then having the car parked with the rest of the group joining her for check-in.