Ho Chi Minh (Phu My port)

Ombud

Whats in Port website says its 80 miles from Saigon but it also says to take a shuttle.  Does the port have shuttles to the city? I will be on Princess if that's relevant 

It's nowhere near 80 miles. 🙄

It's about 36 miles from the port ay Phu My to the Rex Hotel - where cruise ship transfers drop & pick up, and regarded as the city centre.

An excellent road now too, though it's about an hour & a quarter. 

I thought you'd mis-read the What's In Port website - but yes, it does indeed say 80 miles 🙄

But the timing is about right, so I suspect it's a typo.

Cruise ships usually offer (payable) "Ho Chi Minh City on-your-own" (or similarly named) as well as tours. The major sights are easily walkable from the drop-off point

JB 🙂 

Edited by John Bull
  • Thanks 1

In the past (my previous travel to Vietnam by Princess was more than 5 years ago) there was complimentary shuttle to "Ba Ria Market" only.

If you want to go to Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) city centre, you can join the shore excursion with the title "Ho Chi Minh City on your own".

image.png.99046582dd3d63f7f40f6a20dabe7eb6.png

image.thumb.png.f9b54a76bb3e3f240633ac5eec2472e7.png

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/3/2022 at 9:57 PM, Kinkacruiser said:

You could always book a tour. Dung Zoom will pick up from the ship and take you on a full day tour. We did this day tour with him several years ago and it was excellent value.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/dung.saigon.944

Do you have another contact for Dung?  The FB link is his personal page.

19 hours ago, nursinadream said:

Do you have another contact for Dung?  The FB link is his personal page.

I have used Xuan Le in Vietnam for myself, and for a group of friends, for multiple tours. There are several posts on CC in reference to how wonderful he is. You won't be disappointed in his services.  He does stay booked up though, so may not have availability. www.tourwithxuan.com  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terry&mike said:

I have used Xuan Le in Vietnam for myself, and for a group of friends, for multiple tours. There are several posts on CC in reference to how wonderful he is. You won't be disappointed in his services.  He does stay booked up though, so may not have availability. www.tourwithxuan.com  

We can also highly recommend Xuan. Book with him and you won't be disappointed. We used him in 2019 for the Hi Chi Minh tour and have booked him for 2023 for a tour of the Mekong Delta.

• Like 2

Thanks @terry&mikeand @kassiopi.  I reviewed his website.  We're doing a 15 day leg of an around the world cruise with Oceania.  I'm getting no interest on CC roll call for this segment.  Thanks for your replies.  @kassiopiWe did a short visit to Corfu by ferry in Septmember.  Oceania called at Igoumenitsia and we found little to do there. A local gave us the ferry to Corfu suggestion.  We enjoyed it!

Deb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nursinadream said:

Thanks @terry&mikeand @kassiopi.  I reviewed his website.  We're doing a 15 day leg of an around the world cruise with Oceania.  I'm getting no interest on CC roll call for this segment.  Thanks for your replies.  @kassiopiWe did a short visit to Corfu by ferry in Septmember.  Oceania called at Igoumenitsia and we found little to do there. A local gave us the ferry to Corfu suggestion.  We enjoyed it!

Deb

There's definitely nothing worth seeing in Igoumenitsa, most people would head for Ionannina, Taking the ferry to Corfu was a brilliant idea. Glad you enjoyed it, we've lived here 35 years now and love the Island. Enjoy Vietnam.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nursinadream said:

Deb

What an exciting trip you have coming up - I love Oceania!

We enjoyed Vietnam so much that we are headed back this December. Last time we were in DaNang, Hoi An, Na Trang, and Ho Chi Minh City. This time we will visit Hanoi, Lan Ha Bay (the less touristy bay next to HaLong Bay), stay for several days in an apartment in Hoi An, and then take a river cruise from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City. And of course, catch up with Xuan Le again!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...