Anyone been tested at Port of Miami before cruise?

Suite Heart

I sail on Saturday, so it's too soon for me to get tested. I was wondering if any of you good folk out there ran into the same difficulty and therefore got tested at the port. How is this handled? And how much is it?

TIA!

Have been looking for answers from cruisers that departed after March 1, to see what, if, NCL provided testing at the Pier, no replies.  I did online chat with NCL, asked about testing at Ports, specifically Miami, Orlando and Seattle.  Chat person said NCL does provide testing at those ports for $99.00.  I have no faith in their answers.  so hopefully someone can enlighten us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

You could consider purchasing an eMed proctored test for redundancy reasons. All you would need are 20 minutes with a cellular or wifi connection on your phone/tablet in a quiet space.

I'll be staying at a hotel in Miami the day before the cruise, so that may be an idea! Where do I purchase that?

I'd still like to know about testing at the port...just in case. Not that anything could possibly go wrong...😁

18 minutes ago, Suite Heart said:

I'll be staying at a hotel in Miami the day before the cruise, so that may be an idea! Where do I purchase that?

I'd still like to know about testing at the port...just in case. Not that anything could possibly go wrong...😁

https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/ (don't mind the Royal part, this will take you to the right test vs their general shop website).

2 hours ago, Suite Heart said:

Thank you very much. I will check into it.

There is a link off the NCL web site too. But the Royal link will let you buy a smaller quantity. We’ve done that for our past 3 cruises (on Royal). Works great. Fast. Easy. 

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There is a link off the NCL web site too. But the Royal link will let you buy a smaller quantity. We’ve done that for our past 3 cruises (on Royal). Works great. Fast. Easy. 

Hmmm...I wonder why that is. Anyhooooo, I'll look at that. Thanks, Bird!

8 minutes ago, mafig said:

I notice that no one has answered your question about testing at the port.  I wonder why.  I've seen the question asked before and it was not answered.  I'd like to know also.

I'm going to guess that it's because Cruise Critic members are well informed about testing requirements and make all the necessary arrangements for doing the testing in advance.

• Like 1

Yes, my family was all tested in Miami before our cruise Jan 28th. Took about 15 minutes for results got a bracelet and waited in terminal until we were able to board. Free from NCL

Again tested next to the parking garage at Miami port with a company called inspire to get back home this one cost $125.

13 minutes ago, katiecat said:

Yes, my family was all tested in Miami before our cruise Jan 28th. Took about 15 minutes for results got a bracelet and waited in terminal until we were able to board. Free from NCL

Again tested next to the parking garage at Miami port with a company called inspire to get back home this one cost $125.

That was from the time when every passenger was tested at the port on embarkation day. The OP is asking about today's protocols where you're expected to obtain a test on your own within two days of your embarkation and testing at the port is just a last resort for those who were unable to obtain a test before embarkation. This testing is not provided by NCL and you'll be charged for it.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 8:52 AM, njhorseman said:

I'm going to guess that it's because Cruise Critic members are well informed about testing requirements and make all the necessary arrangements for doing the testing in advance.

I am traveling for 3 days before  my cruise. The time frame that NCL wants is 48 hours. That is why I asked about testing at the port. I really can't make arrangements for the 48 hour limit.

56 minutes ago, Suite Heart said:

I am traveling for 3 days before  my cruise. The time frame that NCL wants is 48 hours. That is why I asked about testing at the port. I really can't make arrangements for the 48 hour limit.

I was answering a  question about why no one has answered your question, and apparently no one has answered it when asked by others. I suspect my answer is likely to be a good guess. That has nothing to do with why you asked or the validity of your question. 

6 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I was answering a  question about why no one has answered your question, and apparently no one has answered it when asked by others. I suspect my answer is likely to be a good guess. That has nothing to do with why you asked or the validity of your question. 

Thank you! BTW, nice to hear from someone from NJ !!

• Like 1

I posted this before and didn't hear anything different. Cruised out of Miami in February and while going out to dinner in the Brickell section I noticed tents set up downtown. Sign stated Covid testing here. Already had my test so I didn't check on it. Can't say if you are charged or not but it might be worth looking at if in downtown Miami.

2 minutes ago, Daytonasailor said:

I posted this before and didn't hear anything different. Cruised out of Miami in February and while going out to dinner in the Brickell section I noticed tents set up downtown. Sign stated Covid testing here. Already had my test so I didn't check on it. Can't say if you are charged or not but it might be worth looking at if in downtown Miami.

Humm, i'm cruising again in May and now i'm curious as to the testing in Miami. I googled "free covid test in Miami" and came up with lots of places. Some indicated results in 24 hours so I don't know if that would work for anyone.

12 hours ago, prov2727 said:

I tested at the Miami Airport in January. You can get results in 24 hours or pay for a rush and have results in an hour.

http://www.covidtestmiamiairport.com/

Thanks for posting this link.  We are flying down to Miami the Friday before our Sunday cruise.  My initial plan was to go to the walk-in medical center for same day testing before we left but my mother-in-law booked our flights to early to do that.  I was trying to figure out the best way to test and was planning to do the self proctored test once we got to Miami but seems like it's just as easy to test at the airport