VeriFLY?

MarkWiltonM

HAL recently began using VeriFLY for uploading Covid vaccination and test status and to speed boarding. (I have found this app to be buggy in the past, when used for an airline, and it's not working correctly this morning, but no matter.) VeriFLY says that you need to upload a test result taken no more than 2 days prior to boarding. This is not in line with HAL's current 3-day test requirement for those who are up to date on their vaccines. I'm wondering if anyone has successfully uploaded a test to the VeriFLY app that was taken 3 days prior to boarding.

We uploaded our hard copies of our vaccination certificates a couple months ago for some Viking River Cruises / European travel coming up soon. It seemed fairly simple at the time using the I-Phone camera. 

I think at that time they were just doing the proof of vaccination & booster verification with the QR ink blotch. I wasn't aware at the time that lab testing results could be added since the Viking folks didn't require it (they still require 72-hour PCR or 24-hour quick antigen testing prior to embarkation via email or hard copy lab verification). Unlike most cruise lines (e.g. HAL), they do not accept the Binax Now internet testing. And, so it goes... 

Safe travels & best of luck going thru the 'maze' of COVID forms, etc. required by various countries, European at least. Things are easing up which is great!

Be well.

Bob

This is a reply from VeriFLY we received regarding sending vaccination information:

Thank you for contacting VeriFLY Support.

Please note that it is too early to submit your documents. Usually, you should upload them with 2-3 weeks before your departure date.

For more information on VeriFLY, please check out our Help Centre.

If you have any further queries, please let us know and we'll be happy to assist!

I uploaded our test results to VeriFly today for our cruise on Sunday. For two of us, it gave us the option to post the test date as today (Friday, 2 days out) or as Thursday (3 days out). For the other two of us that are also boosted, it only provided the option to post a test taken two days out. The only difference is that our vaccination status was verified as we were able to upload digital proof of our vaccination status. However, the two that were provided with the option to post a test result 3 days out still had their verification status as "pending" as they uploaded a picture of the physical vaccination card instead of a digital proof.

I uploaded our records today and am limited to testing 2-days prior to embarkation even though we have boosters. Verifly recognizes the 3rd doses and has the correct dates, but the problem seems to be that the Total Doses only says 2 for each of us.  So in my case the app is not recognizing the total number of doses correctly.

58 minutes ago, MTAK said:

I uploaded our records today and am limited to testing 2-days prior to embarkation even though we have boosters. Verifly recognizes the 3rd doses and has the correct dates, but the problem seems to be that the Total Doses only says 2 for each of us.  So in my case the app is not recognizing the total number of doses correctly.

Recommend tossing the app, and just going with HAL's clearly stated policies regarding testing requirements.

• Like 1

Presumably, apps like VeriFLY (soon to be others) help with fumbling around for paperwork to show when checking in for a cruise or flight.  It was a short time ago that those QR codes were invented.

In the not too distant future, your passport will be digitally available on your smart phone.

There is a pilot program (not free) from TSA.

https://www.us-passport-service-guide.com/whatisthemobilepassportapp.html

I believe that one day, all you will need to do is show up....phone in hand with these combined....and off to the gangway you will go. 

David

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 10:44 AM, MarkWiltonM said:

FYI, elsewhere on the HAL forum users have reported that VeriFLY would not allow them to upload tests 3 days before departure. They received an error that said the test was taken too early.

I just finished ours. It accepted testing on the 27th and we sail on the 30th. Vaxed  and boosted. I initially received an error but within a couple of minutes it was approved. 

Does anyone know how to change the picture? It put my pic on for my husband. Never gave me a chance to put his picture 😑. Should I delete the pass and start over? 

9 hours ago, Bucketlist22 said:

I just finished ours. It accepted testing on the 27th and we sail on the 30th. Vaxed  and boosted. I initially received an error but within a couple of minutes it was approved. 

Does anyone know how to change the picture? It put my pic on for my husband. Never gave me a chance to put his picture 😑. Should I delete the pass and start over? 

1. Click on the 3 lines in the upper left hand corner on the home screen (see pic)

2. Go to settings

3. Click on your name/email address

4. Click on you picture (there should be a little word "edit" where your picture is or should be)

7F24CBB4-EBAC-41E4-AF86-E1B6FC56CDD8.thumb.jpeg.4e0123de964bd14861fcddedae8c7232.jpeg

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Recommend tossing the app, and just going with HAL's clearly stated policies regarding testing requirements.

We can't test until Friday for our Sunday departure anyway, so I don't think Verifly will be a problem.  I will have all documentation on-hand regardless.

We sailed on Rotterdam last Sunday (20th). We started the VeriFly process on the 14th or so. When we set up the trip, there was a "manage" option. When we clicked it, it took us to a three-step page. Step one was open, and we used it to upload our vaccination info (input the info, and include photos of the card). Step two didn't open until Friday (as I recall), 2 days before sailing. My wife and I both had PCR tests (not rapid) done on Thursday (3 days before, as we are both vaxxed and boosted). When we got our results on Friday, we opened the app and it allowed us to enter that info and include a PDF of the results. It asked us which date the test was given. It offered us a choice of Thursday or Friday (3 days or 2 days), so we put Thursday and it was accepted with no issue.

Here's an update. On Monday I sent a message to VeriFly support explaining the problem with the 3-day test. Today I notice in the app that Step 2 now says "Test must be completed within 2-3 days of sailing".

I can't test until Friday anyway, but thought I'd post this FYI. I'll try to remember to check the app tomorrow and see if Step 2 is still greyed-out. In theory it shouldn't be.

Edited by MTAK
  • Like 1

Well it worked.  My work schedule changed so we were able to get tested at Walgreens yesterday at 4:00 and had our test results in about an hour. However it was after midnight when the tests were finally approved by VeriFly, so at that point technically we were within the 2-day window. It's nice to have that step finally completed - we'll see how boarding goes.