Aqua Class Benefit of Complementary Fitness Classes - Tell me more

wiblondie

Classes were listed in the printed daily schedule and the app.  I booked them at the front desk at the spa.  Generally they were very poorly attended (1-3 other people), in one case I was the only person.  On my Edge cruise in October there were discrepancies between the printed schedule and the app schedule so it's best to confirm it at the gym.   I think you get 3 classes in Aqua and after that you must pay. 

They were videos on  the TV menu.   

Some Captain club levels offer free classes that normally coat $10 per session.   

I attended the spinning class one time  and wasn’t impressed.  I think there is also yoga and Pilates.  

I think there  was also some so called extreme class.   

You have to consider that no class is going to be very strenuous as they don’t want any injuries or heart attacks.  

We were in AQ on the Apex recently and didn’t attend or watch any videos or use the free one from the Captain  Club.  

I workout daily at home and do a lot of outdoor biking.  When on a crusie it is a great time to give my body a rest and enjoy the cruise. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

We were on the Edge in AQ in October.  Each person in AQ gets 3 classes per cruise.  I took yoga and Barre.  One other person in barre and 2 others in yoga.  I didn’t sign up in advance.  Just showed up. 

• Like 1

We signed up for a class package on our last cruise. We did some spinning classes and really weren't impressed. Agree that for the most part the classes are not well attended and are hit or miss in terms of quality. Our instructor told us that he was a personal trainer and didn't have any experience teaching spinning and it definitely showed. But, if they are free and you can try a few different classes, why not.

6 hours ago, sanger727 said:

We signed up for a class package on our last cruise. We did some spinning classes and really weren't impressed. Agree that for the most part the classes are not well attended and are hit or miss in terms of quality. Our instructor told us that he was a personal trainer and didn't have any experience teaching spinning and it definitely showed. But, if they are free and you can try a few different classes, why not.

But if you've been a little lazy let's say, are the classes better than nothing at all?  Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

But if you've been a little lazy let's say, are the classes better than nothing at all?  Asking for a friend.

If nothing else they are good to get you away from the pig trough and bar for a hour.  So if not burning many calories you won’t be consuming any either. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 minutes ago, miched said:

If nothing else they are good to get you away from the pig trough and bar for a hour.  So if not burning many calories you won’t be consuming any either. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks, I think!

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

absolutely. I spin twice a week and have been spoiled with good equipment and great instructors. I took a friend to the classes and since she had never been to one, she enjoyed it a lot more than I did. But if you have a peloton at home, the classes don’t compare.