Live from Celebrity Edge (3/27 - 4/3)

zaxanon6

CC Help Jenn
This post was recognized by CC Help Jenn!

zaxanon6 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

'Once you sail in a suite, you never go back.'

I'm on the fence about this idea. On the one hand, I thoroughly enjoyed my first suite last November. On the other hand… I can often buy two verandas for the cost of one suite, and I've gotten excellent service onboard Celebrity regardless of stateroom type. But, I believe an issue like this should be thoroughly researched. So when I found a crazy good deal on a Sky Suite, my mother @nautica12 and I jumped at the chance for a girls trip. (Seriously, the price went up more than $1k per person about a week later).

My mother and I started taking annual girls trips way back when I was in high school and it's a tradition we love. Simple weekends at the shore have morphed into more elaborate adventures. This will be my 8th Celebrity cruise and her 10th. It's also my 2nd time on Edge (I was on the first preview cruise in 2018) and her 4th (she was on the first cruise from the US in 2021). Like many on this site, I didn't like Edge at first. I missed the grandeur of the large main dining room, the feel of a smaller ship, the M-class Thalassotherapy pool, and a real veranda. As time has passed, I've come around to the idea of smaller dining rooms, look forward to trying the spa Thermal Suite, and can't wait to hang out in Eden again. I'm excited to give Edge another chance. I'm also excited to be back at sea after my last cruise in December (not a suite) was dampened by Omicron.

We're not expecting to sail in an E-class suite again, so we're planning to take full advantage of the amenities. We'll probably only go ashore in one port and then just relax onboard the rest of the days. We've been to all of the ports before, but we're going to try an excursion in Costa Maya.

Assuming there are no issues with our COVID tests tomorrow (fingers crossed!), we'll be flying to Florida on Saturday. We'll share our experiences and try to answer questions during the voyage.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Chriskoo said:

Looking forward to your report! I’m getting on the edge on the 3-10th - so excited!

Thank you! The anticipation has been killing me this week as I tried to wrap things up at work. I've discovered there are more cruise lovers in my office than I previously thought, and we had a great time reminiscing about past trips. Now I must convince them to try Celebrity...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zaxanon6 said:

Thank you! The anticipation has been killing me this week as I tried to wrap things up at work. I've discovered there are more cruise lovers in my office than I previously thought, and we had a great time reminiscing about past trips. Now I must convince them to try Celebrity...

Hopefully negative tests results, safe flights and having cold drinks at the sail away. See you onboard.

Love celebrity suite perks, our November beyond cruise also sky suite also went up 1k per person right after we booked it . Timing is everything. Did you think of doing a move up, we got a penthouse last July on move up on edge.

Look forward to your Live report. We're also on this cruise.

We just passed our Covid tests and will be sailing in a Sky Suite as well.  DH will be the one in the "colorful beer bottles" shirt at Sail-away. 🍺  🛳️

Kay & Mark

13 minutes ago, George C said:

Did you think of doing a move up, we got a penthouse last July on move up on edge.

We did, but since this was a 'bonus' cruise for the year (we have some very expensive plans in December), was fine with the Sky Suite. Also don't like the idea of not getting to pick your stateroom location with a Move Up.

• Like 1

We also passed out covid tests this morning and will be in a Sky Suite too! See you in the lounge!

I did a couple live threads on edge in the Fall and on Apex in January. I was going to lay low this time, but may chime in here and there. 

Our only excursion will be Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. 

mac_tlc

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We also passed out covid tests this morning and will be in a Sky Suite too! See you in the lounge!

I did a couple live threads on edge in the Fall and on Apex in January. I was going to lay low this time, but may chime in here and there. 

Congrats! We just got negative results back, too, so vacation has begun! I understand why they require testing, but will not complain when that less second source of stress goes away.

Please chime in when you want. It would be great to hear about Nachi Cocom and whatever else you want to share.

50 minutes ago, tserface said:

We were on Edge last week and we loved it.  It is different, but it's our new favorite ship of all time.  Hope you have as great of a time as we did.

Thank you!

26 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Sounds very familiar…got up early to do our proctored COVID tests and thankfully were negative…we are in a sky suite and have booked Nachi Cocum in Cozumel …we are also going to try Margaritaville in Nassau…

see you on board…

44 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Sounds very familiar…got up early to do our proctored COVID tests and thankfully were negative…we are in a sky suite <snip>…are also going to try Margaritaville in Nassau…

see you on board…

No excursions planned, but save us a bar stool as we are headed to Margaritaville also! K&M

• Like 1

Safely in Florida! First time I've ever landed east-to-west at FLL; I was hoping to catch a glimpse of Apex leaving if we'd been pointed in the other direction. Did get a pretty nice view of Miami Beach, though.

The cab ride to Hilton FLL Marina was smooth and I believe the hotel has made some updates since the last time I saw it (or maybe I'm hallucinating?) We decided to stay here instead of the wonderful Hotel Maren so we wouldn't have to deal with spring break traffic on the road by the beach. We've been in that area on a March evening before and it was ugly.

Hopefully everyone else who will be on Edge also had a good travel day, and good luck to those arriving in the morning.

PXL_20220326_201453501.jpg

PXL_20220326_212425471.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 2:42 PM, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Will miss your TR!

Have you done Nachi Cochum before? It's our fav!