Carnival magic deck 6?

asdfghjkl123

Hi, I've seen a few threads discussing deck 6 but I'm still not too sure.

Our stateroom is 6434 (balcony) and it is close to the elevator, in-between above the Steakhouse and the dance club (location marked in yellow on the image, note the image is the deck plan for deck 5), I'm not too sure if it'll be noisy? It seems ok in a way that it is not directly above anything, but it is kinda surrounded by noisy parts downstairs. 

Should I switch to deck 7, how much would it cost in general? 

6434.thumb.PNG.5238c130112db71425b553c3489b4eac.PNG

My rule of thumb is to always book a cabin on a deck that is sandwiched between other decks of cabins- not over or under a public area.  Usually it only costs a few $$ to move up a deck.   Do a mock booking and you will see the price difference.  You can then call your pvp/ta/carnival and inquire.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Being above a restaurant or galley is not a problem.  Being under the galley is but not the restaurant.  EM

This! We were under the galley on the magic in a cove balcony and the guy at guest services said "im not going to lie to you...you probably have one of the worst cabins on the ship for noise" It was constant...all night. Above you should be fine. I love being near the elevators. We had a room on the vista that was literally inside the elevator area and had no issues. We are also booked on a deck 6 balcony, on the Magic but we are near the middle elevators. July 18th is our sailing

On 3/24/2022 at 6:13 PM, pe4all said:

My rule of thumb is to always book a cabin on a deck that is sandwiched between other decks of cabins- not over or under a public area.  Usually it only costs a few $$ to move up a deck.   Do a mock booking and you will see the price difference.  You can then call your pvp/ta/carnival and inquire.

Thank you for the suggestions. I've never really tried mock booking before but I guess I'll start doing it next time. I also changed my deck to an upper one that's sandwiched in-between passenger decks, and the change was only 10$

On 3/24/2022 at 11:51 PM, matymil said:

This! We were under the galley on the magic in a cove balcony and the guy at guest services said "im not going to lie to you...you probably have one of the worst cabins on the ship for noise" It was constant...all night. Above you should be fine. I love being near the elevators. We had a room on the vista that was literally inside the elevator area and had no issues. We are also booked on a deck 6 balcony, on the Magic but we are near the middle elevators. July 18th is our sailing

Yeah I didn't have any issues with staterooms near elevators either, last time we were on Carnival pride deck 8 midship and I wasn't bothered at all. We are sailing on June 20th on Magic this year. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 10:17 AM, overeasy said:

I think your deck 6 balcony will be directly above a deck 5 smoking area, if that is a consideration for you.

oof, that would definitely bother me, thank you for the reminder. I ended up changing to an upper deck for a small fee.