QLD Coast Cruise - Travel Documents saying Passport in Princess Medallion app.

Hi there. Anyone put in their Travel Documents to the Princess Medallion app for a QLD Coast Cruise? 
The only option I see is PASSPORT, but on previous cruises we have just used our Drivers License for Adults and the Medicare Card for kids.
Any advise here please, as I wasn't planning on taking our Passports on a cruise just going from Brisbane to Cairns Domestic. Thanks.

53 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Hi there. Anyone put in their Travel Documents to the Princess Medallion app for a QLD Coast Cruise? 
The only option I see is PASSPORT, but on previous cruises we have just used our Drivers License for Adults and the Medicare Card for kids.
Any advise here please, as I wasn't planning on taking our Passports on a cruise just going from Brisbane to Cairns Domestic. Thanks.

I think your government ID should still do for a domestic cruise.

• Like 1

Someone on FB just asked the same question and another person posted that Princess had told them you can just put your drivers licence number in there.

I think we'll just take our passports regardless.

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Someone on FB just asked the same question and another person posted that Princess had told them you can just put your drivers licence number in there.

I think we'll just take our passports regardless.

That was me asking to question over there lol. Not everyone that books a QLD Coast cruise has a valid passport, especially now that a lot have expired. Before COVID stopped cruising, the QLD Coast cruises only needed to show a DL. And for Kids it was a Medicare Card. My question is why does it only say Passport in Princess Medallion?

7 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

That was me asking to question over there lol. Not everyone that books a QLD Coast cruise has a valid passport, especially now that a lot have expired. Before COVID stopped cruising, the QLD Coast cruises only needed to show a DL. And for Kids it was a Medicare Card. My question is why does it only say Passport in Princess Medallion?

I should have guessed by the name. 🤣

Probably because all US cruises have to visit at least one non-US port and the Princess software developers can't understand that some other parts of the world work differently to the US. 🙄

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I should have guessed by the name. 🤣

Probably because all US cruises have to visit at least one non-US port and the Princess software developers can't understand that some other parts of the world work differently to the US. 🙄

Sorry, but the rest of the world just needs to do things the American way... you know, Imperial measurements, no free health care, guns for everyone etc...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Balsam12 said:

Sorry, but the rest of the world just needs to do things the American way... you know, Imperial measurements, no free health care, guns for everyone etc...

Well, they are an American owned/ based company and they use the same systems world wide so entitled to use whatever suits them 

If it helps at all, you can fill in what you need in the Medallion App - which works some of the time - but you can also turn up at the port and checkin the old fashioned way. At the desks with real people.

And , because here in Australia we have to go to the checkin desk to get our Medallion, it isn’t worth stressing over uploading photos, documents etc. They will help you at the Medallion App desk on board to make sure everything is working.

Also, if it’s of interest - they supply the medallion in a plastic case that it inserts into. Lanyards clip onto the top and you can buy accessories on the ship.

39DDED47-E853-47FB-8195-C5E0644798F6.jpeg

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've already filled out my check in for a newly released P&O cruise in June and they didn't ask for a passport number so I wouldn't think it is a new requirement or it would apply to P&O cruises as well.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, kenexx said:

My cruise in 2 years time is in the medallion app but the one 19 June isn’t and I can’t add it manually!😂

Welcome to the vagaries of the Princess Medallion App!

I have 5 cruises booked with Princess between July this year and March 2024, but on the APP only the July cruise and the 2024 cruise show. Doesn’t matter how often I try it will not accept any of the other booking numbers. 

First time we cruised using the Medallion was Ruby Princess in 2020, and everything worked a charm. But now, more problems than not.

As I said previously, I’ll finalise my details at checkin 🤔

57 minutes ago, kenexx said:

My cruise in 2 years time is in the medallion app but the one 19 June isn’t and I can’t add it manually!😂

Have you paid in full yet or even your deposit? Mine didn't appear in the Medallion app until my payment went through. I paid in full on Thursday, the same day I booked it when it went live. If it is still on HOLD, that might be why.

The same used to happen when adding details the the Princess personaliser, and you couldn't print your docs unless it was added.

For domestic cruises it was OK to put your licence details into the passport field by adding DL followed by your licence number. In the end, the number was to just to allow you to get your docs, and verified by showing your licence at the check-in counter.

While the aim of medallion is to reduce interaction at check-in, as mentioned above, we are not fully geared for it yet as we have to check-in to confirm who we are and collect our medallion - not a whole lot different to collecting cruise cards.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.
I went in and put in our Drivers Licences starting with the letter DL then the number. And for the child I put in our medicare number starting with letters Med. I am sure that will be fine. 

45 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Thanks everyone.
I went in and put in our Drivers Licences starting with the letter DL then the number. And for the child I put in our medicare number starting with letters Med. I am sure that will be fine. 

That has all be accepted before at the cruise terminal so I'm sure you will be fine.

I'm sure that OzKiwi is right in what she said above about the software developers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Have you paid in full yet or even your deposit? Mine didn't appear in the Medallion app until my payment went through. I paid in full on Thursday, the same day I booked it when it went live. If it is still on HOLD, that might be why.

It’s appeared this morning.  A deposit was paid but finals went through last night so maybe that’s it 

• Like 1