Can Cruise Next Certs be used on last minute bookings?

smillerholmes

Has anyone been able to use a Cruise Next cert as part of the payment when booking an "after final payment" cruise? I went through the T&C on NCL's site and it's not clear to me if I found a last minute deal I would be able to use a cert for part of that payment. 

I know you wouldn't be able to use (2) - under the current promotion you would need to be booking at least 6 months out AND a balcony or above.  So, just inquiring if (1) could be used.

Appreciate any help/insights in advance!

2 hours ago, Denmar828 said:

Depends, I guess. If it’s a sailing that they’re really pushing, such as the Latitudes recommended cruises, maybe. I just booked a Haven Deluxe Owner’s Suite, 16 days out and was able to use two FCC’s.

Thank you! Good to know.

3 hours ago, smillerholmes said:

Has anyone been able to use a Cruise Next cert as part of the payment when booking an "after final payment" cruise? I went through the T&C on NCL's site and it's not clear to me if I found a last minute deal I would be able to use a cert for part of that payment. 

Yes, no problem. I've done that many times for cruises after final payment date, including this week. Even cruises leaving in a few days are fine.

When paying online, pick a cruise next as the first payment method. Then add a credit card as the second payment. The credit card amount will have the full payment amount filled in, so reduce that by $250 yourself before submitting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rob_H said:

Yes, no problem. I've done that many times for cruises after final payment date, including this week. Even cruises leaving in a few days are fine.

When paying online, pick a cruise next as the first payment method. Then add a credit card as the second payment. The credit card amount will have the full payment amount filled in, so reduce that by $250 yourself before submitting.

Awww....thanks so much for that info.  That makes sense now.  I had tried to "simulate" applying the cert, but when it didn't reduce the balance by $250 I thought it might violate the T&C so I didn't go through with the transaction.  Now that I know it's a manual process I can work with that.  Again, thanks for the quick replies and I cannot begin to say just how awesome the Cruise Critic community continues to be!

7 hours ago, Denmar828 said:

Depends, I guess. If it’s a sailing that they’re really pushing, such as the Latitudes recommended cruises, maybe. I just booked a Haven Deluxe Owner’s Suite, 16 days out and was able to use two FCC’s.

Can you tell me if you did this directly with NCL, or through a travel agency? I am trying to book an owner's suite for a June sailing and my travel agent is telling me I can only use one because it is less than 6 months out. Do  you think they pick and choose which cruises they allow this?

Edited by KateQ22003

1 hour ago, KateQ22003 said:

Can you tell me if you did this directly with NCL, or through a travel agency? I am trying to book an owner's suite for a June sailing and my travel agent is telling me I can only use one because it is less than 6 months out. Do  you think they pick and choose which cruises they allow this?

Had same thing happen when I booked a mini-suite and it also caught travel agent off guard. I did check the cruise next page and it does state you can't use the double up if less than 6 months out. Bright side the extended the dates on all my cruise next vouchers that expire in Jan 2023 to 2025.

43 minutes ago, TheycallmeDrew said:

Had same thing happen when I booked a mini-suite and it also caught travel agent off guard. I did check the cruise next page and it does state you can't use the double up if less than 6 months out. Bright side the extended the dates on all my cruise next vouchers that expire in Jan 2023 to 2025.

That's what I thought too, but Denmar828 indicated they used two.

Edited by KateQ22003

Yes, can use one, only can use two if a promotion.  I booked the Bliss for April 17th just a few weeks ago and was able to use one.  I also priced the Epic repositioning this weekend which is super cheap right now and when I priced it out last night it allowed me to use one for a sailing in three days.

Go to the cruise next page and most of the details are there. Balcony and above, 6 months in advance you can use the double up feature. There may be special promotions that change that but I am not sure. Haven may be different as well but I have never travelled in the Haven (will be my retirement cruise!).

12 hours ago, hallux said:

I booked my March 19 cruise (on board now) on March 6, I was able to use two for a balcony.

Can you be a bit more specific?  Travel agent? PCC? Norwegian Customer Service? How were you able to accomplish this task?

I ask because I have not been able to apply two when booking online even when I have met the 6 month out/balcony and above threshold.  I have always had to engage my PCC.

On 3/25/2022 at 6:40 AM, KateQ22003 said:

I booked it on the NCL site. I was in a hurry with the booking and didn’t even notice until I got to about the second or third page in the process and I saw that it gave me an opportunity to put a checkmark in the boxes next to the cruise next credits that it offered.

1 hour ago, Denmar828 said:

I booked it on the NCL site. I was in a hurry with the booking and didn’t even notice until I got to about the second or third page in the process and I saw that it gave me an opportunity to put a checkmark in the boxes next to the cruise next credits that it offered.

When you say 2 do you mean total or per person (4 total)? Double up is 4 total. 

8 hours ago, TheycallmeDrew said:

When you say 2 do you mean total or per person (4 total)? Double up is 4 total. 

No, CNDs are applied per stateroom, not per passenger.  Regardless of the number of passengers in the room, you can use no more than two per stateroom, and currently you only can use two if you book a Balcony or higher at least six months in advance or if you book while NCL is offering a special promotion.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

No, CNDs are applied per stateroom, not per passenger.  Regardless of the number of passengers in the room, you can use no more than two per stateroom, and currently you only can use two if you book a Balcony or higher at least six months in advance or if you book while NCL is offering a special promotion.

I have used 2 for inside cabin before. One for each passenger. Seems like they are being arbitrary in their application these days. 

7 minutes ago, TheycallmeDrew said:

I have used 2 for inside cabin before. One for each passenger. Seems like they are being arbitrary in their application these days. 

I've used 2 many times - but only when they had a double-up promotion that included all categories, book any time.   Haven't seen that promo for quite some time.

1 minute ago, TheycallmeDrew said:

CNDs have always been applied per stateroom, not per passenger.  NCL changes the rules on using them from time to time.  There have been times in the past when two could be used for any cabin, but current rules limit their use to one for Studio, Inside, and Ocean View rooms, with Balcony, Club Balcony, Suite, and Haven rooms being eligible for two per stateroom if the CND is applied at least six months in advance.  The rules are subject to change, so at some future time you again may be able to apply two to an Inside room you book a week before sailing, just not at the present time.

• Like 1

I just did this.  I phoned NCL directly to book.  The agent told me that Cruise Next was so busy they weren’t even answering NCL’s calls (it’s a whole separate entity.) How it worked for me with a last minute cruise booking was I paid the price of the cruise then the CND deposit was refunded to my credit card.  I was told it could take three weeks but it was only 7 days before the credit appeared.  Smooth and easy process.

7 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

How it worked for me with a last minute cruise booking was I paid the price of the cruise then the CND deposit was refunded to my credit card.

This seems backwards!  When I booked it myself online the values of the CND's just came right off the amount owed for the cruise, no refunds to the CC needed.