O needs to up their game on solo travel

YoPhilly

On 5/7/2022 at 7:12 PM, PhD-iva said:

No, I am referring to the O life excursion package as the selected benefit. Each pax is given a specific number of free excursions (up to $199 price). 
my experience has been that I received half of the number of excursions per stateroom even though I was paying a 100% single supplement. Perhaps it will be different going forward, or perhaps my TA did not get a good deal for me in the past. It would be interesting to know whether other solo passengers are allotted the same number of total excursions as a state room occupied by two pax (double occupancy).

Unless you push back (thru your TA) Solo travelers will only get 1/2 the Olife offering. Remind O that their website says Olife benefits are per stateroom. I have 3 cruises booked between now and 12/23 with all receiving the full 100% Olife offerings.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Solo travellers may be interested in looking at a British cruise line – Saga cruises.  They have 2 new ships, Spirit of Discover and Spirit of Adventure sailing from the UK.  Both accommodate just under 1000 guests.  They offer all balcony rooms, inclusive of drinks (price limit), wi-fi, tips, some excursions and 3 specialty restaurants.  Accommodation is offered to solo travellers in all room categories – all the solo travellers we spoke to on a recent cruise were in ‘regular’ double rooms.

On the website it’s easy to make a ‘dummy’ booking so it would be easy to compare prices.

• Thanks 1

The issue I have with Saga is the issue I have with other British orientated cruise lines - that's the formality which I find old fashioned and outdated. I do not go to restaurants at home where I'm required to wear a jacket and have absolutely no interest in doing so when I'm on holiday. It's why Oceania suits us well

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Harters said:

The issue I have with Saga is the issue I have with other British orientated cruise lines - that's the formality which I find old fashioned and outdated. I do not go to restaurants at home where I'm required to wear a jacket and have absolutely no interest in doing so when I'm on holiday. It's why Oceania suits us well

I mentioned Saga as an option for Solo travellers, not for its dress code. We like Oceania too.