Abbot Binnax Now test not working

Kabuki12

I have spent all day trying to take the covid home test.   Everytime that I try to scan the package I get a message, "test not recognized" .   I have removed the app and downloaded it several times.  I am at wits end.   My cruise is Sunday.    My cruise is on Sunday.  

Can anybody help figure out what is going on?

Do you have the test approved for proctored testing? If it is not marked for proctored use it cannot be used for pre-cruise travel. The ones you get free or buy at the drugstore are NOT exactly what you need.

• Like 1

I watched a few You Tube of people taking the tests.  Some were not able to get the scan to work so they went to emed.com and it gives you a “start testing” button then lets you go in through your Navica account on there. 

Hope that might work for you!   

Edited by ROWSE

42 minutes ago, WAussieSFO said:

My husband and I just did our tests without any issues. Are you scanning the QR code on the white label that has the batch #, expiration date etc? That's the code you need to scan not the one on the front of the box.

THIS! ☝️☝️The code is NOT the big one on the front. There is a smaller one on the back. That is what you scan. See if that works. 

42 minutes ago, WAussieSFO said:

My husband and I just did our tests without any issues. Are you scanning the QR code on the white label that has the batch #, expiration date etc? That's the code you need to scan not the one on the front of the box.

You are correct, you must scan the label on the back of the box that show’s the expiration date, Batch #…….    When I did my test last month, I made the same mistake and scanned the QR on the front of the box and got the same error “Test Not Recognized”.    

Just now, Kabuki12 said:

I was just able to get it started but the call was just dropped.   This is unbelievable

Make sure you have a good WiFi connection. You must follow the directions and make sure the observer can see you do everything. Take. Your. Time. And try to relax. I’ve done these numerous times. Good luck. 

Its done. The call was dropped.  Im out of luck.  I have one more test but I am too upset to even try right now.    I have good wifi.  I think there must be a problem today with the tests.

You have time. See how it is tomorrow. Praying it works for you. If you have a CVS close by you might want to schedule a rapid antigen just to be covered. They also offer the test at certain ports. I know LA (San Pedro, CA) does. 

• Like 1

Thank you.  I'm cruising out of San Francisco on Sunday.  There are no rapid antigen tests tomorrow in my neck of the woods.   I'm exhausted and shaky as this has been an all day project.     I dont know now if it will show an incomplete test and not allow me to retest.   I'll call tomorrow.   

The irony is that I have been extremely careful due to stage 4 cancer and don't even have the slightest chance of having covid.   If I knew that the Covid test would have been such a battle I would not have booked this cruise.  I've wasted so much money.

46 minutes ago, Kabuki12 said:

Thank you.  I'm cruising out of San Francisco on Sunday.  There are no rapid antigen tests tomorrow in my neck of the woods.   I'm exhausted and shaky as this has been an all day project.     I dont know now if it will show an incomplete test and not allow me to retest.   I'll call tomorrow.   

The irony is that I have been extremely careful due to stage 4 cancer and don't even have the slightest chance of having covid.   If I knew that the Covid test would have been such a battle I would not have booked this cruise.  I've wasted so much money.

Are you near Vacaville? I have an extra test and can buy another before my next cruise