Abbot Binnax Now test not working

Kabuki12

Don’t they have testing at the port?

Another testing option may be available for fully vaccinated guests on select voyages who are having trouble getting a pre-cruise testing appointment. For voyages departing from Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles or San Francisco through May 31, 2022 we will be able to provide a limited number of antigen tests for fully vaccinated guests only at a cost of $100 per person. Reservations are required and may be made up to 10 days in advance. Testing will take place on embarkation day at the cruise terminal. Test appointments are subject to capacity restrictions and reservations are required. Visit the DocGo website for more information^.

This is from the Princess COVID pages:  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/?accordion=covid-test-prior-to-boarding

Edited by WAvoyager
  • Like 1

What part of Northern California are you at? There is a place called City Health by the Sacramento Airport that does rapid testing. The website is covidtesting.cityhealth.com. We used them for Hawaii and will use them in a few days for an upcoming cruise. Their customer service is excellent and they bill insurance so you pay nothing. They have a site in San Francisco too close to Union Square. They have plenty of appointments in both locations for Saturday and Sunday. Good luck.

Thank you for the offer but I am in Santa Rosa which is aways away from Vacaville.

Thank you everyone for the informative posts.  I'm going to watch some more videos, call Abbott and switch to my laptop for testing.   Hopefully, I can get this resolved.

Edited by Kabuki12
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Kabuki12 said:

Thank you for the offer but I am in Santa Rosa which is aways away from Vacaville.

Thank you everyone for the informative posts.  I'm going to watch some more videos, call Abbott and switch to my laptop for testing.   Hopefully, I can get this resolved.

Have you tried Princess’s option to see if you can make an appointment?  It may be good to have that as a backup plan.

I have looked at the Princess option and you have to register first for the test before you see available appointments.  If this second test on my laptop fails, I will try to get an appointment at the terminal and shell out another 100 dollars.  

Have you tried using anything other than an iPhone?  We cruised in January and had read there was an issue using iPhones.  We tried anyway and it didn't work.  Then we used our (non apple) laptop and had no problem.  Can you use something else?

I know this is a little late, and I am hoping the Kabuki12 has already done the test successfully.  Maybe this will help someone else.

We were never able to get the scan to work using the navica app.  I didn't have my laptop with me so we went to emed.com using a browser and started the test from there as suggested by some other cruisers.

Once you go to emed.com and hit the "start testing" button it will let you log in to your navica account.

We found that it was super important to have bright/good lighting to get both the code and our id's to be scanned/seen by the proctor.  

We had a real struggle with the first one, but once we brought in more lighting it scanned and the second person didn't have the same issues.

It also helped to have a second person to deal with holding up the different things and moving them around for the camera.  Do you have a friend who could come an extra pair of hands?

I hope everything works out for you!

Shannon

• Like 2

And yet another problem.  I am using  a new laptop and the proctor could not see my screen.  Yet, when logging in it showed camera working.   Does anyone know a solution to this.  This is unreal.   I have wasted so much time.  If I can't do this it's back to the cellphone and all the problems from yesterday.

Was able to get a proctor after an hour of trying on cell phone and surprise surprise...he dropped the call.    There are a lot of bad reviews for this product and I'm screwed.  There phone number that is available 24/7 is not working.

Thank you all for the information.  I just paid 100 to get tested at the port.  When I calm down and have the energy, I will request a refund from my bank.   There is no excuse for dropped calls, not recognizing my laptop camera or not being able to scan.   I'm glad it works for a lot of people but for others it's pure hell and I would not recommend it.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for an honest evaluation of the issues staying connected. Not doing a protored test. I'll test on Sutter St SF or StatMed if my Kaiser test doesn't come back in 2 days (testing 3 days b4 cruise but not doing anything embarkation day). 

2 hours ago, Kabuki12 said:

And a big thank you to whoever mentioned the port testing.  I would not have known and been SOL.

YW!  Glad you were able to get a reservation!  We’re cruising next Saturday, and (trying to) testing on Wednesday before our Thursday flight.  Keeping our fingers crossed that it will work.

Enjoy your cruise!

10 hours ago, Kabuki12 said:

Thank you all for the information.  I just paid 100 to get tested at the port.  When I calm down and have the energy, I will request a refund from my bank.   There is no excuse for dropped calls, not recognizing my laptop camera or not being able to scan.   I'm glad it works for a lot of people but for others it's pure hell and I would not recommend it.

It worked for me a few days ago but in December it would not work and we had to rush out and pay $129 to get tested. They had major website problems.

• Thanks 1