HDMI Input/port on the TV

Cruiser Nonna

I believe they all do now, although getting access to it can be very tricky depending upon which ship you're on.  Some of the newer Samsung setups make a port readily accessible, but there are still those that require a great deal of work to reach, if possible at all, on the back side middle of the unit.  The latter does not allow for a Roku dongle since there's almost no space between the unit and the wall.  They really do also require a 90 degree HDMI plug on one end of the cable.

Neither the main room nor bedroom units in our Constellation RS were accessible without real effort and a 90 degree plug.  You definitely want an answer specific to your ship, and perhaps even cabin category.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

Thank you so much for your replies - guess we will come prepared and hope we can get it connected - Appreciate all of your responses - stay well and safe

We have been on Eclipse 3 times, but in a plain veranda cabin.  The stateroom Samsung flat panel television had several accessible HDMI inputs.  This photo was taken during our Jan 2016 Eclipse sailing:

IMG_5522.thumb.JPG.b41fac65b3b52b2c1bd649a590fdd179.JPG

Edited by mahdnc

Thank you again for such a detailed picture - question of course will be whether the televisions are the same as in 2016 but hopeful if they have been upgraded that will still be helpful as long as one can get to the back of the television.

So appreciate the help - stay well and safe

1 hour ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

Thank you again for such a detailed picture - question of course will be whether the televisions are the same as in 2016 but hopeful if they have been upgraded that will still be helpful as long as one can get to the back of the television.

So appreciate the help - stay well and safe

On that Reflection stateroom television there was an HDMI input accessible from the side of the monitor which is where I connected to.

2ED436B0-0B81-4D12-9C59-2AADAC3A9269.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

Ok, I admit to being a technological idiot on these things.  What are you hooking up to the TV and how are you using it?  I download tv shows on my IPad and would love to be able to view them on the TV but I'm not sure that would be possible?  Is this used for hooking up laptops only?  

You can connect an Ipad/iphone to a TV with HDM input but you will need an adapter to convert from a lightening connection (Apple device) to an HDMI cable. They are around $40.00 from Apple.  There are knock offs but many do not work.  Use one all the time when travellng.

4 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Ok, I admit to being a technological idiot on these things.  What are you hooking up to the TV and how are you using it?  I download tv shows on my IPad and would love to be able to view them on the TV but I'm not sure that would be possible?  Is this used for hooking up laptops only?  

In this case (Eclipse Jan 2016), it was to hook up my Apple TV which allowed us to mirror our iPad onto it:

IMG_5517.thumb.JPG.d02d85faa3eda5587ac033c2d53c707f.JPG

A couple years earlier (Eclipse, Jan 2014), we connected our daughter's laptop up to it so that we could watch Blu-ray movies (Oblivion):

IMG_1337.thumb.JPG.e7598d4ef725d321142361ae0b9c896b.JPG

A year later (Infinity, Dec 2016), we connected our son's PlayStation 4 so the kids could play Grand Theft Auto during our Christmas cruise.....:

IMG_1001.thumb.JPG.259744591efbc70a4a7139d70155162b.JPG

• 7 months later...
4 minutes ago, HonestFellow said:

I'm on the celebrity silhouette right now and I can't get this samsung out of Lan mode to connect to hdmi.

So sad

Try calling Guest Relations and tell them what you are trying to do.  When I had a problem getting our PS4 connected (the problem was with getting the TV input source changed) during our 2016 Infinity cruise, I called Guest Relations and they sent a tech to our cabin who resolved the problem.  I believe it was someone from their audio/video department.

Edited by mahdnc

11 hours ago, Sheltielover73 said:

how is access on Beyond? I was hoping to mirror my laptop to the TV to play Netflix next week....

We are on Beyond in 2 weeks and I looked into this.   Some claim the Edge class ships have casting built into the cabin TV.   So you can cast directly from Chrome browser.   I hope so.

More in this thread.

1 hour ago, Russ_MT said:

We are on Beyond in 2 weeks and I looked into this.   Some claim the Edge class ships have casting built into the cabin TV.   So you can cast directly from Chrome browser.   I hope so.

More in this thread.

They do have casting built in but not easy to use.    When you go into casting it is built around android to start with and then when you get to the point of wanting to cast you pull up a list of about 12 TV"s (0ther Cabins)  and they all have the same name.   I was able to find mine by trial and error.

Once connected it was really laggy and pixelated much of the time.

When you get to the source you will see a choice for casting/mirroring.    

On 11/22/2022 at 10:25 AM, mahdnc said:

I always bring an HDMI cable with me.  I used it to connect our laptop with our Constellation stateroom television earlier this month.

image.thumb.jpeg.00e948e45b15cc8148cedafc851fe042.jpeg

Looks like a FV.

I could not get the inputs to change on the TV no matter what I tried on our FV on Constellation in July.  I even had a universal remote.

Mike

26 minutes ago, mandream said:

Looks like a FV.

I could not get the inputs to change on the TV no matter what I tried on our FV on Constellation in July.  I even had a universal remote.

Mike

You are correct.  We were in a Constellation FV--stateroom 8166.  The TV shown in the picture is in the sitting area.  What cabin were you in?