Activities charges and reservations on Odyssey

14 minutes ago, Roybthered said:

The free time on the IFly is about 1 minute and it is quite good for that short amount of time.

I lucked out, and was told no one had times behind me, so I got 2 minutes and 30 seconds in the air, and in addition got to watch my guy do “tricks” for like a minute 🙂

ACF32949-EA4F-42C2-85EA-3665B1D0740E.jpeg

• Like 3

On 3/29/2022 at 3:20 PM, zanydoc said:

“The minute we boarded the odyssey two weeks ago we went directly to IFly and booked our free sessions for that week in person. You do not have to use the app and in fact it’s so much easier and quicker to go directly to do it at Ifly the second you get on the ship. The app always tended to either lag and thespots were grab by somebody else or failed to book for us.“

Completely agree with @Russ Lomas on this one. Trying to book the IFly and Northstar on your app once aboard was practically impossible on Odyssey 2 weeks ago.Just have them go directly to the sports deck reservation area right when they board and make the port day rezzies with the staff. Followed by reservation for “The Book” and The Effectors on the App, direct dining reservations at any of the specialty restaurants, and finally muster check in. We’ve done this routine on our last 3 cruises and it was a bit of a pain, but worked out great.

We did basically the same as you but we did our specialty dining reservations first on our way to the Ifly to make a reservations for activities. While standing in line for the reservations for dinner, we booked the shows on the app.We did basically the same as you but we did our specialty dining reservations first on our way to the Ifly to make a reservations for activities. While standing in line for the reservations for dinner, we booked the shows on the app.

Sorry for the confusion,  but do you make ifly reservations at the ifly itself, or somewhere else?  Someone mentioned the sports deck reservations area-is that the same place as ifly? We sail Odyssey in 2 weeks,  and all my daughter has asked to do the entire trip is ifly at least once. If the free sessions book up before we can reserve one, is there usually availability for a paid session? Thank you in advance for your help!

We booked our UDP times, then went to the sports deck desk and booked I fly and Northstar.  The app wasn’t working well so we didn’t mess around with it.  We then had lunch.  We had to wait until the box office opened at 4 pm because again the app wasn’t working and then could book the shows.  

I would much prefer the ability to book it all pre cruise.  Not sure how they would do that fairly but I find it stressful to run around and do it right after boarding.  And now that there are set boarding times it can be even more of a rush if you get a boarding time after 1 pm.  Again I’m not sure how that’s fixable but it takes some of the fun out of that first afternoon.  On the smaller ships we just board and immediately enjoy ourselves.  

• Thanks 1

On Odyssey you can go to IFly or there is a desk in the corner of the sports court, inside, where they can take your reservation.  We did not sail at full capacity and just showed up for bumper cars and got right in.  We were told the virtual reality experience was only bookable on the days offered through the app.  We missed out on that as there were very few times slots and we weren’t fast enough.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Txdnadoc said:

Sorry for the confusion,  but do you make ifly reservations at the ifly itself, or somewhere else? 

Either at the desk (the free slots could be gone by the time you do that) or better, on the app when the slots become available for the day just after 8AM (you can only book for that day). Paid session availability should not be an issue.

• Thanks 1