Is this wine okay to bring?

Kimm9

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Let me guess: Carnival?
If so, it may be due to the stringent limit on what you can bring onboard (e.g.,  2 bottles?) and how it doesn’t make a dent in their booze sales. That’s very different than cruise lines with unlimited personal booze allowances. 

isn't this post on the Carnival board??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Yeah, last couple cruises at Galveston they never looked at what was in the bottles.  Same at Miami.  Didn't bring anything with us out of Long Beach...

Next time on RCL I think we'll have to do the "spread out at security" to bring more than 12 water bottles.

• Haha 1

I read the policy, and a bottle of wine is just that. If it says wine on the label, it is wine. 

Prohibited Items:

• Wine or champagne beyond the allowable limit of one 750 ml bottle per adult (21 years of age or older)

So each adult can bring one 750ml bottle. 

Carnival is more civilized. You can pour in your room, and carry anywhere. No silly different glass rules. I prefer to carry my glass to the MDR so my wine has been properly cooled, decanted, and poured. There is no corkage fee for that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, babygrljaz said:

isn't this post on the Carnival board??

Oops! My bad!

Answered the questions about the “wine” cocktail (supposedly with Tequila in it) and eventually forgot that it wasn’t in the “Ask A Cruise Question” forum.

Since folks here are saying the Carnival personal wine limit is only one bottle per person, it’s understandable that they could care less where you drink it. Am I correct in assuming that any personal spirits are also limited?

In any case, should you decide to try a cruise line that doesn’t limit personal booze, do be aware that there will be limits on where it can be consumed.

Yes, they sell a unlimited soda card, and most cruisers get a free 1.5 liter bottled water. You can pre-order a 12 pack of bottled water for 4.95 and it will be waiting in your cabin. You can purchase 1liter bottles of booze for around 75-100 each to enjoy in your cabin. 

No bottles (including water) allowed, but Carnival has always allowed a 12 pack of canned soda or water per person.  They have to be carried on vs. checked, which makes it interesting for some of the larger families who play that card to the max.

(perhaps off topic for this forum, but to clarify an earlier post about spreading out my water bottles.... RCL allows either bottled water or cans up to 12 pack per cabin vs. per guest... )

Edited by Lane Hog

On 3/30/2022 at 8:43 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

And, ergo, I bet they charge for stuff like sodas and even bottled water?

Holy crap, we get it already.  You're an Oceania cruiser.  

There's a board for that.  Go find it.

Edited by DevonfromAcme
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2022 at 1:10 AM, Kimm9 said:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew if this type of wine was okay to bring on a Carnival cruise. 
It’s called Rancho La Gloria Margarita wine cocktail. 

EBEFE8FF-C276-4013-93FE-05A13B9D7097.png

Kimm9, please let us know if you were able to bring onboard. 

We've already decided that we are going to take it aboard when we sail Sept. 23 on the Vista. We don't mind being a "test case". :classic_laugh:

Plus, if you have read this thread, you obviously saw post # 36.  Not definitive for sure but close enough for me. 

On 3/30/2022 at 9:06 PM, Moviela said:

I read the policy, and a bottle of wine is just that. If it says wine on the label, it is wine. 

Prohibited Items:

• Wine or champagne beyond the allowable limit of one 750 ml bottle per adult (21 years of age or older)

So each adult can bring one 750ml bottle. 

Carnival is more civilized. You can pour in your room, and carry anywhere. No silly different glass rules. I prefer to carry my glass to the MDR so my wine has been properly cooled, decanted, and poured. There is no corkage fee for that. 

Funnily enough the security officer in Galveston  told me I wasn’t allowed to bring my champagne on board because it’s different than wine. 

I argued. She checked and it was allowed. 

(it wasn’t funny at the time. I splurged on a nice bottle and wasn’t going to leave it behind easily). 

Edited by 1kaper
  • Like 2

DH is a Manhattan drinker. Order a bottle of Seagrams for delivery onboard and carry on a Martini and Rossi Sweet Vermouth as second "wine" bottle. Have not yet been stopped at the "naughty" table at the port (New Orleans and Galveston). "Wine" is apparently open to discussion.

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

We've already decided that we are going to take it aboard when we sail Sept. 23 on the Vista. We don't mind being a "test case". :classic_laugh:

Plus, if you have read this thread, you obviously saw post # 36.  Not definitive for sure but close enough for me. 

Joe817, yes you be the test case. 😁 It's ok until you're boarding the ship. 😅

On 3/29/2022 at 6:05 PM, Joe817 said:

Let's get something straight and understood. I'm not interested in any cruise line except Carnival & RCL. 

Why the blinders Joe?  There are other competitors like NCL and MSC.  Or more upscale lines like Celebrity and Princess.  Or hip lines like Virgin.  Variety is the spice of life.

11 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Why the blinders Joe?  There are other competitors like NCL and MSC.  Or more upscale lines like Celebrity and Princess.  Or hip lines like Virgin.  Variety is the spice of life.

Valid question SNJ. 

1.) Those are the only 2 cruise lines that sail out of Galveston

2.) We are to frugal to fly to remote destinations

3.) We drive to the port.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

***Update: I could not bring it. They said because it was a cocktail wine that it wasn’t allowed. I did not get it back after the cruise either. Wasn’t very happy but oh well! ***

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Kimm9 said:

***Update: I could not bring it. They said because it was a cocktail wine that it wasn’t allowed. I did not get it back after the cruise either. Wasn’t very happy but oh well! ***

thanks for the update Kimm9! My wife will be real disappointed to hear that.