Coco Cay recent experience - spring 2022 - with 2 ships in port ?

EatonDoolittle

I'm  sure the are equipped to handle multiple ships, but can anyone speak to having experienced it?

Found out our upcoming Harmony cruise will be sharing with Indy that day. 

I admit to being a bit spoiled after 4 post Covid cruises,  all with low occupancy.  

Not looking forward to the inevitable return of crowds.  

Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Don't bother, I'm  on the same cruise, will see for myself

Thanks...then I won't....and will assume you're on our Harmony April 24th itinerary.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Harmony last week along with Independence. They arrived way ahead of us as we were delayed due to a medical emergency that had us off loading a passenger into San Juan. Our captain  did decide to extend our stay there until 6:00pm. We thought it would be crowded but due to some weather nothing was open for their earlier arrival. Once things opened up around 11:45 the lines for the Daredevils tower was the longest otherwise it wasn't bad at all.

Loved our Thrill Waterpark cabana !!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was there May 7 on Freedom. Cruisemapper said just Freedom but Independence had switched their Nassau/Coco Cay days and they got there just before us. I did snorkeling from Chill Island and also spent time at Beach Club. Neither were crowded. It was a lovely day.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got back last month.  One of the large New York ships got there about an hour before us.  Plenty of room on the island for everyone.  HOWEVER, that hour head start got them ahead of us on the water slides in the park.  Lines were long for the first few hours and then calmed down.  My suggestion would be if your ship is second to head to the beach, pool, or wave pool for a couple of hours before going to the water slides in the park.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 11:29 PM, Gregoryfo said:

Just got back last month.  One of the large New York ships got there about an hour before us.  Plenty of room on the island for everyone.  HOWEVER, that hour head start got them ahead of us on the water slides in the park.  Lines were long for the first few hours and then calmed down.  My suggestion would be if your ship is second to head to the beach, pool, or wave pool for a couple of hours before going to the water slides in the park.  

Second this.  Allure docked about 30-60 minutes before us (Mariner).  The line for the "top" water slide was ~90 minutes.    After I did that, I went and had lunch, then went back and there was ~5 minute wait for the next slide down and 0 minutes for all the other slides.