How long it takes to receive refund from repricing?

nho9504

Hi

Last week on 3/23 my agent did a repricing for me on a fully paid Nov 17th Regal Transatlantic Rome to Ft. Lauderdale.  We would lose the OBC on the Special Dining promotion but gain the lower price, and the price difference would be a refund (to the payment card, I assume.)  The cruise is already fully paid back in December 2021.  Hence the difference would be a refund.

It has been a week by now, I still see the OBC from the original Special Dining promotion in our accounts.  Naturally there is no refund to the payment card.

For those who have done repricing on a fully paid cruise, what are your experiences as on when Princess will process the refund after the repricing is done?   Cruise agent has sent me agency record showing a refund, but she has not sent me the revised Passenger Copy of Booking Confirmation yet.  Usually she sends me the Princess Passenger Copy of Booking Confirmation.  All the details are shown on that confirmation, incl payment details and deadline for final payment (i.e. cancellation without penalty).

My dilemma now is,  we have some FCCs from a cancellation of Mar 12th Sky's transatlantic that is canceled under the Cruise with Confidence conditions.  Therefore 50% of the fare turns into FCCs expire in Feb 2023.   I would like to use those FCCs for this Nov 17th Regal Transatlantic.  But the Nov 17th is already paid in full.   Is it the best way to achieve this would be to do a Cancellation then Rebook with the FCCs (used as deposit), since the final payment is not due until Aug 19th?

Should I wait for the refund of the repricing to come back to our CC first, then do the Cancellation / Rebooking?  

I am afraid if I do the Cancellation / Rebooking before receiving the refund,  Princess may just refund the Reduced fare, because a repricing has been submitted,  even though we have not received any money so far.   It would be a nightmare to sort it out with Princess. 

Your inputs are very much appreciated.

My refund recently took about a week but I work directly with a PVP down at Princess.  It went back to my credit card and I just noticed the refunded amount on it today.  

My advice to you, though, is to work with your travel agent to use the FCCs before the pricing of the cruise goes up.  Then, ask that Princess be asked to submit the entire refund you have coming to you asap.  

Thank you guys for the encouraging inputs.

I will talk to our agent tomorrow about using the FCCs in our accounts for this fully paid cruise,  if this is possible.  Else we can do a cancellation / rebooking - that way it should be for sure to get the full refund (may be in 2 parts - a major one and the smallish refare one), and be able to use the FCCs as a deposit. 

The current cruise also has a small FCC used in the payment.  We can wait till that small FCC to show up in 2 weeks after cancellation and then use it also.

Just found out the refund of Refare goes to FCC.  I thought it would go back to the payment card even though the booking used FCC but 85% of the payment was from CC.  The agent did not know that either.   I only found this out when rebooking the identical cruise, the FCCs Princess system grabbed from the accounts were more than it would have been - the extra was the exact amount of the refund from refare.