LAX to San Pedro

garyc20

I’m in a similar situation, however haven’t booked air yet. Flying direct to LAX and looking at flights that arrive 10-AM or 11 AM on day of cruise. Cruise departs 6 PM. 

We always arrive day or more prior but would prefer not to this time.

I did check Hilton Hotel in San Pedro as suggested (thank you) and available if needed.

So what are your thoughts on my scheduling?

Appreciate your feedback!!

52 minutes ago, Jayne E said:

I’m in a similar situation, however haven’t booked air yet. Flying direct to LAX and looking at flights that arrive 10-AM or 11 AM on day of cruise. Cruise departs 6 PM. 

I did check Hilton Hotel in San Pedro as suggested (thank you) and available if needed.

I think everyone's opinion has been noted on this thread.  I'm leaving for a cruise tomorrow and arrive same day.  Have NCL transport from LAX to San Pedro. Will post my experience here when I can.  Just read something else that could cause a delay I had not taken into account.  Alaska Airlines pilots just went on strike and Alaska has canceled 20 or so flights.  Fortunately not mine yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davencl said:

edited to include info from Davencl to which I replied:

Just read something else that could cause a delay I had not taken into account.  Alaska Airlines pilots just went on strike and Alaska has canceled 20 or so flights.  Fortunately not mine yet.

We’re driving to San Pedro from the Portland area for our upcoming cruise, renting a car and stopping along the way to visit family.  Our Alaska Air flight home was changed to an earlier time, which we had to cancel as it was too early in the day to assure we’d make it in time.  I hope that yours is not cancelled, or rescheduled to a later time.    We went with another airline to get us to PDX.  

Edited by LNielsen
Added info

2 hours ago, Jayne E said:

How many connection do you have to LAX? How many places for things to go pear shaped these days ?

I would fly in the night before  but my stress level is higher these days 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

How many connection do you have to LAX? How many places for things to go pear shaped these days ?

I would fly in the night before  but my stress level is higher these days 😉

Direct flight from Miami arriving 8:45 AM in LA. 

If cancelled or delayed, there are two more flights both arriving LA about 11:45 AM.

Good back up protection. 

23 minutes ago, Jayne E said:

If cancelled or delayed, there are two more flights both arriving LA about 11:45 AM.

Good back up protection. 

Might work out OK then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayne E said:

Good back up protection. 

Yes that should be OK.  My backup is I booked an extra flight with fully refundable fare on a different airline(which I can cancel if not needed).  Not cheap but better than missing the boat.

• Like 1

Here's the deal, thousands of people fly in the day of the cruise, most times working out just fine. I've done it a few times myself. BUT, those of us that have done a considerable amount of traveling know from experience that things can go sideways real fast. Fortunately the times I've had this happen has been on the way home, with one exception of an AI in Jamaica. The part about that is the resort doesn't leave, it's still there the next day when you get there. 

Fortunately with Oceania we get the free deviation, so we go at least a day early. You just have to ask yourself, "Do you feel lucky"?

• Like 2