Tauck Savoring France April 6, 2022

Gourmet Gal

Glad you had a great trip and you were able to make it home unscathed and Covid-negative.  We also received vouchers but will never get to use them.  The letter arrived a few days after we made final payment on our upcoming Douro cruise, so too late to apply to that cruise.  It will probably be our last with Tauck.  I really think they had it within their power to handle the Covid situation better than they did and a true measure of a company is how they handle problems.  The voucher is a nice touch but the damage was already done for us and there are other great river cruise choices.

5 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

We also received vouchers but will never get to use them.  The letter arrived a few days after we made final payment on our upcoming Douro cruise, so too late to apply to that cruise.  

Would you be willing to challenge Tauck on using the voucher somehow, i.e. some other way? You could tell them the voucher arrived just a little to late. Really just an idea, I just think you deserve to be able to use it.

While Tauck has no obligation to do so as far as I can assume, it would be really nice of them to offer a gesture that is something you can use, some money token (i.e. money back in your pocket), a letter of appreciation or something in the line of "sorry the experience was not the best", something that is not a future voucher. Like in restaurants I am of the attitude that one should get money back, or "the dessert is on the house". Better than a future voucher. I would come back more likely with such a token rather than "come back and we will do better next time when we will give you a free coffee".

I hope your Douro river cruise will be much more enjoyable.

notamermaid

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Glad you had a great trip and you were able to make it home unscathed and Covid-negative.  We also received vouchers but will never get to use them.  The letter arrived a few days after we made final payment on our upcoming Douro cruise, so too late to apply to that cruise.  It will probably be our last with Tauck.  I really think they had it within their power to handle the Covid situation better than they did and a true measure of a company is how they handle problems.  The voucher is a nice touch but the damage was already done for us and there are other great river cruise choices.

A friend did a land trip to British Isles on Tauck at the end of April. She thinks most probably got COVID. Some had to drop out half way through but by then, they had all been exposed to everyone on the buses, etc.... I think she said of those who tested to fly back to the US - 30% tested positive. Many were staying on for independent travel and did not test at that time. They all sounded ill towards the end of the trip. My friends tested negative and flew home but once home they tested positive. She was not impressed with the lack of protocols on their land trip. They did think highly of the restaurants, tours, etc... She is re-thinking future group trips right now.

Edited by Coral

32 minutes ago, Coral said:

A friend did a land trip to British Isles on Tauck at the end of April. She thinks most probably got COVID. Some had to drop out half way through but by then, they had all been exposed to everyone on the buses, etc.... I think she said of those who tested to fly back to the US - 30% tested positive. Many were staying on for independent travel and did not test at that time. They all sounded ill towards the end of the trip. My friends tested negative and flew home but once home they tested positive. She was not impressed with the lack of protocols on their land trip. They did think highly of the restaurants, tours, etc... She is re-thinking future group trips right now.

I can understand why your friend is reconsidering.  

• Like 1