"Special" Single Supplement Cruises

bbtondo

I noticed today the cruise I have book is listed under Special Single Supplement Cruises.  Yet when I go to book any of the categories the prices have not changed for single supplements.  Am I missing something?  Yes, I am calling Oceania tomorrow.  Wondering if anyone has some advice/insight for me.  Thanks!

Someone posted on another thread that they will become available for booking at a later date (soon). I forget the exact date.

There’s another thread or two on single or solo cruising. It’s probably in there somewhere. Sorry to be so vague, but I think you’ll be able to book within a couple of days.

it will be interesting to see whether it is a good value or not. I recently booked a19 day Regent cruise with a low 25% single supplement. Sail date February 2024. San Antonio Chile to Buenos Aires

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Someone posted on another thread that they will become available for booking at a later date (soon). I forget the exact date.

There’s another thread or two on single or solo cruising. It’s probably in there somewhere. Sorry to be so vague, but I think you’ll be able to book within a couple of days.

it will be interesting to see whether it is a good value or not. I recently booked a19 day Regent cruise with a low 25% single supplement. Sail date February 2024. San Antonio Chile to Buenos Aires

Appreciate your response.  I'm just confused that when a cruise is listed in the Special Single supplement cruises, the prices are actually a bit higher than I booked when there wasn't any "special". Probably is the usual "liar liar pants on fire" advertising.  LOL

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.

There have been price increases since you booked in August.  The Single Supplement Deal offered is for New Bookings so you are already in a better situation if I read your postings correctly. Good luck when you talk to them tomorrow.  That is not a “smart a—“ good luck but a well wish. Hopefully you are working with a good TA and maybe they can help you get a better price. 
Mauibabes

Some of the SS specials are for certain category cabins

I would call & ask  what is the better deal

Stick with the price you have or go for the new SS price ?

JMO

Last night I was on the O website researching possible changes to an itinerary next year, looking for options. I checked the list of 18 Cruises on the single supplement special tab under special offers. This morning, double checking something, the list is gone. Currently no cruises are listed under single supplement offers.
I realize that could change soon, but I’m trying to research possible changes and don’t have that option. 

34 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Last night I was on the O website researching possible changes to an itinerary next year, looking for options. I checked the list of 18 Cruises on the single supplement special tab under special offers. This morning, double checking something, the list is gone. Currently no cruises are listed under single supplement offers.
I realize that could change soon, but I’m trying to research possible changes and don’t have that option. 

Yes, I see there are no "Specials" this morning for single supplements.  

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

still showing for me

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/single-supplement/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bbtondo said:

Wanted to update: Just got off the phone with O.  I got the reduced single supplement for my cruise!  

58 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Since no one mentioned the new refitted cabins for solos -- I will add a link

In regard to Paul's link I sent that to my ta when I saw it a few days ago -she is a Connoisseur member- and that was the first she had heard of it.  Would love to know how they will price that category.

Years ago, they used to put the single price on these specials but they disappeared several years ago.  I asked Mike Moore back then and they said they were working on it but then he left.  Nothing has been corrected.  If you click on View Offers on a particular cruise you can find which categories are offering the discount and then you have to call your TA

SINGLE SUPPLEMENT

Reserve your accommodations with a specially reduced single supplement of 50% for Categories A-B.