Live Cruising Review Edge 4/3/2022 - 4/10/2022. Plenty of pictures!

BennyBrun

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic"

BennyBrun was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

The time has come for yet another virtual cruise.  This week I will be trying out The Edge in an Oceanview room with 4 nights of specialty dinning.  Come along for lots of pictures, lots of food and lots of my random thoughts 💭   As always, you got questions I will attempt to find an answer for you!

1DC5407E-BF61-4615-A3F4-F078E4208187.jpeg

• Like 5

Pre Cruise 

All the testing sites around me have stopped offering free Covid testing due to a lack of funding and it’s about $75.00 per test now.  I went with the eMED option, 6 tests for $150.00.  I wonder why I need so many 😂.  I ordered them on Wednesday and they showed up on Thursday afternoon and I tested this morning.  Negative!!!  Now off to pack!  I wonder if I can fit the kitchen sink in my luggage 🧳 

70C0AECE-F1F3-442B-86E0-C5EEAEF1CD84.jpeg

• Like 5

Will be following another Benny live!!  Edge is certainly one I want to sail! Have a great cruise, and as always, thank you for taking time out of your vacation to bring us along!

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Sadebud said:

Will be following another Benny live!!  Edge is certainly one I want to sail! Have a great cruise, and as always, thank you for taking time out of your vacation to bring us along!

Let me be the first to welcome you onboard the virtual cruise!!!  I hope you will be hungry because I intend to eat my away around the the ship 😝 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, newtampagirl said:

We will be on your sailing too. We had our Covid tests done at Drip Bar in Tampa this morning for $80.

I think as funding dry up for testing, the best way to go is going to be the eMED 6pack.  It’s good until May 2023 the batch I got.

Pre Cruise Day

The itinerary for this sailing is light on port stops will is just fine with me.  We will be stopping at San Juan 3:30PM - 11:00PM.  Tortola 8AM-6PM.  St. Marteen 7AM-5PM.  I am counting San Juan as a sea day because we are getting in late and I am not a big fan of walking around Old San Juan at night because it’s not ver well lit and the road conditions are bad for walking.  It’s bad enough during the day, it’s even worse at night.  Tortola I am planning on going to Gorda on my own because the pricing on Celebrity is very high and you only get a few hours of actual activity time which is not worth it to me.  I already scoped out the beach I want to sit at in St. Marteen from the Oasis cruise last month.  2 chairs, 1 umbrella and 4 drinks $25.00.  Two sea days and then back to Florida.

• Like 1

Onboard Edge right now—- getting it Benny-ready!!!! Have heard passenger count is about 1400. Made the Edge’s first stop in a couple years at Grand Cayman today. 

Having a great time, this is our 4th E-class since the restart. Wish they were not all heading to Europe…….

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Let me be the first to welcome you onboard the virtual cruise!!!  I hope you will be hungry because I intend to eat my away around the the ship 😝 

Had lunch today at Le Grand Bistro. It was wonderful. Can’t believe we hadn’t done it before. 

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Then you may be glad to know that the Eden menu on Edge is the same as Apex now!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Pre Cruise 

All the testing sites around me have stopped offering free Covid testing due to a lack of funding and it’s about $75.00 per test now.  I went with the eMED option, 6 tests for $150.00.  I wonder why I need so many 😂.  I ordered them on Wednesday and they showed up on Thursday afternoon and I tested this morning.  Negative!!!  Now off to pack!  I wonder if I can fit the kitchen sink in my luggage 🧳 

70C0AECE-F1F3-442B-86E0-C5EEAEF1CD84.jpeg

Can I ask a question?  We ordered the covid kit - we cruise next saturday - do we need an online appointment to do these proctored tests, or do we just hop online when we're ready and someone will be there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Looking forward to following along. Love the food pics as I find that the description in the menu doesn’t always mirror what ends up on my plate lol. Enjoy your holiday and thank you for taking the time to entertain the rest of us!

Get a large plate ready 😂 because there will be a lot of food … A LOT!  I haven’t had a proper “cruise” meal in about two weeks!  I am ready!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Hogladyrider said:

Yippeee all signed up to cruise along with you!  Will keep me occupied as we hit the road ourselves on Monday April 4th.  I will surely enjoy this while riding!

I am glad you are coming along!  Please stay safe and drive safe on the road!  I will do my best to entertain you on your road trip across country during your rest time!  It’s going to be a fun week!

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Onboard Edge right now—- getting it Benny-ready!!!! Have heard passenger count is about 1400. Made the Edge’s first stop in a couple years at Grand Cayman today. 

Having a great time, this is our 4th E-class since the restart. Wish they were not all heading to Europe…….

mac_tlc

I hope you are enjoying yourself and are having a fabulous time!  You still have about a day and half so enjoy every moment!  That is so exciting about Grand Cayman.  I am sorry to hear about Costa Maya being skipped due to wind!  Hopefully you enjoyed a glorious sea day!

I am kind of scratching me head a little too as to why all the E Class ships are heading to Europe along with Wonder of the Seas from Royal… they should have left one but hey what do I know 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Then you may be glad to know that the Eden menu on Edge is the same as Apex now!!

Oh thank goodness!  I love Eden on the Apex … free to select whatever you want.  The AB thing was giving me anxiety issues … what if I ordered the wrong column 😂 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, micmacmissy said:

Can I ask a question?  We ordered the covid kit - we cruise next saturday - do we need an online appointment to do these proctored tests, or do we just hop online when we're ready and someone will be there?

If your ordered from EMED they ship via FedEx and you should get them within 2 days.  You don’t need an appointment you just need to set up the APP before you take the test and then start the test.  I waited for less than 30 seconds for the first rep to show up to watch me swab and then less than 30 seconds for another rep to show up to verify the result.  Remember do not open the test kit until you are told to do so.  If you are not sure about anything don’t open until you ask is it okay to open the test card, the bottle etc.  They need to see everything.  I did it with my phone and the phone had to stand up securely on a flat service and you have to move the phone a couple of times when instructed to scan the QR codes on the test kit/card.  It took about 20 minutes all together.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Thanks for spacing your pictures😁

Pet peeve of mine too. But I don't know why it put some sideways or upside down and couldn't figure out how to rotate. I figured you got the jist 🤣

3 hours ago, micmacmissy said:

Sign in online and they will ask a bunch of questions. When that's done, you link to a live person. No reservation needed or possible. Results will be sent to your phone. I am paranoid and printed the results to bring with me, but the code on your phone should be fine.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 6:07 PM, BennyBrun said:

Get a large plate ready 😂 because there will be a lot of food … A LOT!  I haven’t had a proper “cruise” meal in about two weeks!  I am ready!

You must be starving! 😉

I'm on board -- this will keep me busy while we get ready to board the Auto Train in less than two weeks!

• Thanks 1

See you on board! I’m sitting in the airport with my husband, first flight was cancelled at the last minute, fingers crossed this one gets off the ground so we can wake up in Fort Lauderdale tomorrow ready to go.

• Like 2