NAUTICA Refurbishment Update ?

BEEZLEE

3 minutes ago, roger b said:

Yes I'm sorry should have included asians , which make up all the serving staff

I am not sure but perhaps the different mix of staff we find/found onboard O since they restarted cruising is a factor of where they could get vaccinated staff, etc.  

• Like 1

Well tonight Laurence was in Toscana.  She spent all her time talking to one couple. Probably about 15 minutes. She passed by our table, nodded to my husband and kept moving.  I really wanted to let her know what happened in the dining room on the first night. Obviously she did not have time for anyone else.

If you say she cares so much, I will go seek her out and let her know that so far things are not going as we had hoped.  

Tonight in Toscana I ordered the Risotto with porcini mushroooms.  It was very bland.  It could have been white rice. Certainly had no flavor at all.  I did tell the Maitre’d when we left and he thanked me.

I don’t mean to be negative, but this is not what I expect from Oceania.  I moved over from HAL for the same reasons I am experiencing now.  

Terri

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Tonight in Toscana I ordered the Risotto with porcini mushroooms.  It was very bland.  It could have been white rice. Certainly had no flavor at all.  I did tell the Maitre’d when we left and he thanked me.

I don’t mean to be negative, but this is not what I expect from Oceania.  I moved over from HAL for the same reasons I am experiencing now.  

Terri

It is probably better to speak to the  Maitre'd while you are dining  & not as you are leaving 🙄

Then they can correct the problem or at least get you something else  to eat 

Seems counter productive to wait until you are totally annoyed at your food  or until you get home to complain

JMO

45 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

It is probably better to speak to the  Maitre'd while you are dining  & not as you are leaving 🙄

Then they can correct the problem or at least get you something else  to eat 

Seems counter productive to wait until you are totally annoyed at your food  or until you get home to complain

JMO

I had enough to eat.  There was no one to tell.  I was not totally annoyed.  Enjoyed my Dover Sole.  But since the risotto was the side dish I chose and it was not good, I thought I should let them know. I thought it was constructive criticism.

Terri

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Terri,

Absolutely the Maitre d needs to be told. No one around to tell, that is Not Acceptable.  Hail any waiter or server and ask them to get the Maitre d or even the Chef.  They are committed to your enjoyment and you should never have to say their meal was like one of the other lines we will not mention.  The Finest Cuisine at Sea must be delivered at all times.  It is not fluff on a marketing piece, it has to be real. 

Mauibabes

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

There was no one to tell.  

Someone (your server) should have checked w you during (not after) your meal. You shouldn’t have to interrupt your meal to flag down someone to explain your concerns. JMO.

If no one is around I get my  butt up & go to them   but that is me

No need for people to put up with bad service  

JMO

We have done that a few times  after that the service top shelf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 1:00 AM, mauibabes said:

Terri,

Absolutely the Maitre d needs to be told. No one around to tell, that is Not Acceptable.  Hail any waiter or server and ask them to get the Maitre d or even the Chef.  They are committed to your enjoyment and you should never have to say their meal was like one of the other lines we will not mention.  The Finest Cuisine at Sea must be delivered at all times.  It is not fluff on a marketing piece, it has to be real. 

Mauibabes

And that's the biggest difference I saw on the latest cruise, Nautica April 10-23.  The quality of the food, even the serving temperature, wasn't right a lot of the time.  Service was very good, especially the wine service,  but the food was disappointing.  I'm trying to chalk it up to the troubles of staffing and starting up again, but this is not the Oceania of our previous seven cruises.

47 minutes ago, Stella Maris said:

And that's the biggest difference I saw on the latest cruise, Nautica April 10-23.  The quality of the food, even the serving temperature, wasn't right a lot of the time.  Service was very good, especially the wine service,  but the food was disappointing.  I'm trying to chalk it up to the troubles of staffing and starting up again, but this is not the Oceania of our previous seven cruises.

I’m still on the ship.  i have to say that things are improving.  I made some comments about the food and service and they were taken to heart.  

I, as well as DH contracted COVID and I have to say that we could not have received better care.  Medical staff visited us every day to take vitals, Doctor either visited or talked to us on the phone to answer any concerns or questions we may have had, Food was served at a good temperature on time, housekeeping complied with all our needs and General Manager spoke with us on the phone every day.

I could not have asked for better care.

Since we have been released from isolation we have had good service in the restaurants.

They are trying very hard.

Terri

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Cruzin Terri said:

I’m still on the ship.  i have to say that things are improving.  I made some comments about the food and service and they were taken to heart.  

I, as well as DH contracted COVID and I have to say that we could not have received better care.  Medical staff visited us every day to take vitals, Doctor either visited or talked to us on the phone to answer any concerns or questions we may have had, Food was served at a good temperature on time, housekeeping complied with all our needs and General Manager spoke with us on the phone every day.

Since we have been released from isolation we have had good service in the restaurants.

Terri

So glad to hear that you are now enjoying your cruise and received such good care during your COVID jail......

• Like 1

@Basor,

We are so happy to hear you are doing well but most important so glad you have been taken such good care of by the staff. We had spent 7 weeks sailing with Laurence Barasse on Riviera before she was promoted to GM. Her attention to details and guests and staff is amazing so we are very happy you are getting some special attention. She is a wonderful friend. 
Mauibabes

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Terri

Hi Terri….sorry to hear your trip was interrupted by Covid but happy you and Jim are better! Enjoy the remainder of your cruise! 
Jayne B

10 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Terri

Hi Terri, so pleased you and your husband  have recovered  ,do you think he got it on our trip to Granada? Asi said previously  it is not the quality of the food it is the cooking skills I had a list of issues  , I hope they get it right as it was early days.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise !!

1 hour ago, roger b said:

Hi Terri, so pleased you and your husband  have recovered  ,do you think he got it on our trip to Granada? Asi said previously  it is not the quality of the food it is the cooking skills I had a list of issues  , I hope they get it right as it was early days.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise !!

Hi Roger,

The trip to Granada seems about the right timing.  I got it first and then Jim.  I would suspect that is where I picked it up but you can’t be sure.

The thing is we were well cared for.  No complaints at all, except we could not leave the cabin.  That was not Nautica’s fault.

We’re doing okay now.

Terri

• Like 3