Personal wine in the Haven Restaurant

sivRVT

First time cruiser question.  We are staying in the Haven, but not upgrading our drink package so will likely bring on a few bottles of wine. I know there is corkage fee.

1. Where do we 'declare' the bottles when arriving at the port as Haven guests.

2. Once on board, can we have our wine kept at the Haven restaurant to be served for our meals?

Thank you! 

You will pay the corkage at security. It has to be hand carried. 

You can arrange with the restaurant to hold your wine. Or take it with you to other Specialty Restaurants. 

Wine & Champagne Policy
Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00 USD

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00 USD

12 minutes ago, sivRVT said:

First time cruiser question.  We are staying in the Haven, but not upgrading our drink package so will likely bring on a few bottles of wine. I know there is corkage fee.

1. Where do we 'declare' the bottles when arriving at the port as Haven guests.

2. Once on board, can we have our wine kept at the Haven restaurant to be served for our meals?

Thank you! 

Usually, right after the xray screening, you'll find a corkage desk manned by ships personnel.  

We didn't leave our bottles with the Haven restaurant.  It was such a short walk, that it was easier to carry them.   Plus you may not always dine in the Haven.  I know other restaurants can fetch the wine for you, but that may take awhile.  

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You will pay the corkage at security. It has to be hand carried. 

You can arrange with the restaurant to hold your wine. Or take it with you to other Specialty Restaurants. 

Wine & Champagne Policy
Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00 USD

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00 USD

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Usually, right after the xray screening, you'll find a corkage desk manned by ships personnel.  

We didn't leave our bottles with the Haven restaurant.  It was such a short walk, that it was easier to carry them.   Plus you may not always dine in the Haven.  I know other restaurants can fetch the wine for you, but that may take awhile.  

Thank you!

We usually base our decision to bring wines on board based upon whether we're flying or driving to the port.  If we drive, we bring our own.   The exception is Fort Lauderdale where the Total Wine store is a short walk from our preferred hotel, the Embassy Suites.

Another factor is our determination to pack light.  We can do a seven day in two small roller bags allowing us to bring another wine bag aboard. Total three small bags.  We use bungee cords to fasten the wine carrier to the extended handles of one of the roller bags.  Or, you can get wine carriers that are roller bags too.  Two people can easily pack for seven days in a medium roller bag. One person handles the clothes bag and the other the wine bag.

This really isn't a big deal.  It depends upon how well you like your wines.

Edited by RocketMan275

43 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

We usually base our decision to bring wines on board based upon whether we're flying or driving to the port.  If we drive, we bring our own.   The exception is Fort Lauderdale where the Total Wine store is a short walk from our preferred hotel, the Embassy Suites.

Another factor is our determination to pack light.  We can do a seven day in two small roller bags allowing us to bring another wine bag aboard. Total three small bags.  We use bungee cords to fasten the wine carrier to the extended handles of one of the roller bags.  Or, you can get wine carriers that are roller bags too.  Two people can easily pack for seven days in a medium roller bag. One person handles the clothes bag and the other the wine bag.

This really isn't a big deal.  It depends upon how well you like your wines.

There is a Total Wine immediately across the bridge to the Miami Beach/South Beach (?) area.  When you are off the bridge, you are just about there.

(Thanks to those here on CC who brought this to our attention.)

I called ahead and spoke with a manager, and they had the bottles we wanted all ready to go.  We took a taxi from our hotel, via the "long route" to Total Wine, and then to the Port.

GC

31 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

There is a Total Wine immediately across the bridge to the Miami Beach/South Beach (?) area.  When you are off the bridge, you are just about there.

(Thanks to those here on CC who brought this to our attention.)

I called ahead and spoke with a manager, and they had the bottles we wanted all ready to go.  We took a taxi from our hotel, via the "long route" to Total Wine, and then to the Port.

GC

Good to know.  Suggest you register with Total Wine.  They often send out discount coupons.  On our last visit, we had a 15% off coupon that saved us a bunch.  They will also made some very good suggestions for our last cruise.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Good to know.  Suggest you register with Total Wine.  They often send out discount coupons.  On our last visit, we had a 15% off coupon that saved us a bunch.  They will also made some very good suggestions for our last cruise.  

Now THAT's good to know, about the registering/coupons.

Thanks!

Thus far, we've only been there once.  Then... Covid... 😞 

GC

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Life is too short to drink cheap wine.

+1 

We can bring much nicer bottles along with us, not just for 'less' than we'd pay on board, but wines that we much prefer.

We find the ships' offerings aren't always that appealing.  And with markups, the higher priced wines become astronomical in price.

We enjoy fine wine, and drink little "booze", so a regular (or premium) "beverage" package isn't particularly useful for us.

It's a combination of cost, plus the lack of availability of wines that we'd enjoy.

GC

• Like 1

i should already know the answer, but alas i dont, im counting on bird travels, traveling man or sthrngary to clarify.  i understand ncl allows one bottle of wine to be brought aboard per person (correct). is there still a corkage fee of you just want to drink the wine  or champagne in your cabin.i dont want to pay the ridiculous $100 per bottle in le bistro, or bring a bottle of dom perignon with me.

if this works out, our butler can have a glass with us

"HELP" we're sailing on the 8th

20 minutes ago, complawyer said:

i should already know the answer, but alas i dont, im counting on bird travels, traveling man or sthrngary to clarify.  i understand ncl allows one bottle of wine to be brought aboard per person (correct). is there still a corkage fee of you just want to drink the wine  or champagne in your cabin.i dont want to pay the ridiculous $100 per bottle in le bistro, or bring a bottle of dom perignon with me.

if this works out, our butler can have a glass with us

"HELP" we're sailing on the 8th

You can bring unlimited bottles of wine on board for a $15/750ml bottle corkage fee.