Hairspray - email update

I am going on Symphony on Sat 9th Apr (if Covid allows). I was so disappointed that there was no Hairspray so I emailed Royal Caribbean to say this has made a difference to our holiday.

3 days later I received an email saying please don't worry, Hairspray will be showing.

Knowing what I've heard here I emailed them back and said are you sure? From what I've heard it's not on just now and won't be on for the foreseeable. Again, 3 days later I received a reply saying don't worry it'll be on....

4 hours ago, amurray88 said:

I am going on Symphony on Sat 9th Apr (if Covid allows). I was so disappointed that there was no Hairspray so I emailed Royal Caribbean to say this has made a difference to our holiday.

My understanding is that it will be restarted at some point in May. There were cases of Covid among us the cast in the show and due to contractual requirements approved replacements had to be trained, etc. I feel sure they are working on the return of the show as quickly as they can. We will be onboard on 4/16, but as @Bikerstated, we will all know the situation in April when we arrive. 👍🏼

Edited by AlohaLivin

14 hours ago, amurray88 said:

3 days later I received an email saying please don't worry, Hairspray will be showing.

Knowing what I've heard here I emailed them back and said are you sure? From what I've heard it's not on just now and won't be on for the foreseeable. Again, 3 days later I received a reply saying don't worry it'll be on....

Royal Caribbean to say this has made a difference to our holiday.  I understand being disappointed that a show you want to see may not happen but even if it was scheduled and a few of the performers took ill, they'd need to cancel it.  What are you expecting RCI to do?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Royal Caribbean to say this has made a difference to our holiday. 

Really? Just a bit of drama....

(Yes, LGW59, I know you are not the one making the statement. A bad post quote choice  on my part).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amurray88 said:

That's insane...one showing of Flight? I'm glad we're checking in early if you can only book once checked in

If I recall correctly, on our recent sailings there have been only 2 showings of Flight on a single day (maybe 2?) very near the end of the cruise (beginning in Nov 21’, post shut-down)

Edited by AlohaLivin

2 hours ago, amurray88 said:

That's insane...one showing of Flight? I'm glad we're checking in early if you can only book once checked in

there were two showings listed on the attachment

One night** apologies

Many people saying cruise is now at 100% capacity so the highlight show (now that Hairspray is cancelled) is only available for ~50% of pax?

Come on - RC advertise themselves as the place to go for entertainment. If you went to a wine bar would you not be miffed if they had little to no wine?

5 minutes ago, inforthethrill said:

Once someone gets comfy, can they confirm if Hairspray is playing again on Symphony? I sail on May 14th. 

Thanks!

We don’t sail until next week, but I can confirm that it is not on the entertainment schedule for next week.

Edited by AlohaLivin

I just got off the Wonder, and what they're offering for shows almost makes me book Carnival for my next cruise. They're made on the cheap to me, and I wouldn't se any one again if it was available on another ship. BOO Royal. I'm Diamond so I know what Royal is capable of. Right now NCL is blowing Royal's doors off on entertainment. 

• Thanks 1