Belfast - Cruise Ship Port location and transportation to city center

Can anyone comment on the location of the Belfast cruise port?  It appears there may be a newer pier on some maps.   If we choose to do a DIY day in Belfast, how best to get from the ship to the city center?  thank you.

I took a taxi I think we had to walk outside the port area to Trinity College.  I had purchased in advance tickets for Book of Kells then Hop On Hop Off bus and a taxi back to the ship.

You might want to post which cruise line you are on.

2 minutes ago, phabric said:

I took a taxi I think we had to walk outside the port area to Trinity College.  I had purchased in advance tickets for Book of Kells

It’s a long taxi ride from Belfast to Dublin - I think you may have your ports confused 😉

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cotswold Eagle said:

It’s a long taxi ride from Belfast to Dublin - I think you may have your ports confused 😉

You are correct a long drive.  I did not look at the port name.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 1:32 AM, CCJack said:

Can anyone comment on the location of the Belfast cruise port?  It appears there may be a newer pier on some maps.   If we choose to do a DIY day in Belfast, how best to get from the ship to the city center?  thank you.

When we have been our cruise company provided a shuttle bus to City Hal, which is a central location.  We then took a bus to the Jail and returned to tour City Hall (worth while) and then stroll round and had a meal in the city.  I think all docking locations are a little way out, so shuttles likely provided.  Our cruise line charge for shuttles if booked on a saver fare (£5 return normally), but do not do so if booked on a full priced cruise, though all cruise lines will have their own criteria for charging.