Regal Dry Dock Apr 2022 - Details?

Canadian_J

20 hours ago, Jaymuxman said:

We board in Rome for B2B2B2 21 day cruise next Saturday, so guess we will the first cruise after a 2 week drydock.

Enjoy your cruises and please let us know what you think of the ship post dry dock (if anything is noticeable). Thanks! 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Esprit said:

Can anyone who got off Regal last weekend or who is still onboard, fill us in with interior refurb' news please? 

By all accounts, just a spruce up, new carpets here and there etc. Most of the work seems to have been on the hull.   

• Thanks 1

I am on the Regal now (and have been for the 2 prior weeks). I think “she” looks quite good but I am not one that goes around looking for a little rust here or there, a small stain on the carpet, or a smudge on the mirror that might not have been wiped off in the last 30 minutes. I find a crew that appears to be working very hard to make the passengers happy and think they have succeeded quite well in my opinion. 

I have encountered quite a few of the workers to be from the Ukraine. When you consider most of them to still have family in the Ukraine (or family that has migrated to Poland), they still put a smile on their face and do everything in their power to make everyone’s cruise as pleasant as they humanly can. Of course, I see people being rude to the staff and complaining about things, but they are probably those that complain ALL THE TIME about something and the Good Lord himself could not make them happy.

If you get on the Regal and expect to have a great time, you will. However, if you get on and try to find things to complain about, I am sure you can find those things also. As is true of life, IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT! I can honestly say I have thoroughly enjoyed my first 23 days of being on the Regal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jaymuxman said:

I am on the Regal now (and have been for the 2 prior weeks). I think “she” looks quite good but I am not one that goes around looking for a little rust here or there, a small stain on the carpet, or a smudge on the mirror that might not have been wiped off in the last 30 minutes. I find a crew that appears to be working very hard to make the passengers happy and think they have succeeded quite well in my opinion. 

I have encountered quite a few of the workers to be from the Ukraine. When you consider most of them to still have family in the Ukraine (or family that has migrated to Poland), they still put a smile on their face and do everything in their power to make everyone’s cruise as pleasant as they humanly can. Of course, I see people being rude to the staff and complaining about things, but they are probably those that complain ALL THE TIME about something and the Good Lord himself could not make them happy.

If you get on the Regal and expect to have a great time, you will. However, if you get on and try to find things to complain about, I am sure you can find those things also. As is true of life, IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT! I can honestly say I have thoroughly enjoyed my first 23 days of being on the Regal.

+1 to that.

We also on board and have no complaints at all, apart from the stupid buffet layout ! (And the lack of English bacon !) 

Staff are excellent.

On 5/22/2022 at 9:43 AM, Jaymuxman said:

Great info and perspective, thanks for sharing! Glad it’s been a great time for you so far!

• Like 1