X's Cruise Care insurance covid?

39august

The Cruise Care policy no longer shows "epidemic" under exclusions. But if you have to cancel because of a positive test, does the insurance require a doctor's verification of covid, or is the lab test result sufficient  for submitting a claim? 

On 4/3/2022 at 10:52 AM, 39august said:

The Cruise Care policy no longer shows "epidemic" under exclusions. But if you have to cancel because of a positive test, does the insurance require a doctor's verification of covid, or is the lab test result sufficient  for submitting a claim? 

I don't know if this helps or not- purchased insurance through tripinsurancestore-- the agent confirmed that the supervised at home tests were approved and a separate confirmation with a physician was not necessary for an insurance claim. 

1 hour ago, labdoggomom said:

I don't know if this helps or not- purchased insurance through tripinsurancestore-- the agent confirmed that the supervised at home tests were approved and a separate confirmation with a physician was not necessary for an insurance claim. 

are you happy with the tripinsurancestore?  Not asking your exact policy, but overall, did you feel they gave good advice w/o steering you toward something may not want or need?  

I spoke with Cruise Care this AM and yes, a doctor has to verify that you are "unable to travel" due to health concerns. That is a section of their claim form. They also require a copy of the positive test. 

2 hours ago, 39august said:

I spoke with Cruise Care this AM and yes, a doctor has to verify that you are "unable to travel" due to health concerns. That is a section of their claim form. They also require a copy of the positive test. 

Can they make it anymore difficult? Celebrity just needs to follow every other cruise line including Royal Caribbean and Silversea to extend the Covid assistance past this month. 

8 hours ago, labdoggomom said:

It depends on the language in the policy. It may be that your policy will accept just the test. Many require a doctor’s diagnosis for illness that prevents you from traveling, meaning you’d have to provide that documentation for COVID as well since it prevents you from traveling even if you are asymptomatic.

18 hours ago, LGW59 said:

are you happy with the tripinsurancestore?  Not asking your exact policy, but overall, did you feel they gave good advice w/o steering you toward something may not want or need?  

Yes. Deanna was an excellent agent to work with. I spelled out my major concerns for coverage and she was able to reassure me that I was purchasing the correct policy. 

• Thanks 1

Steve, the owner of Tripinsurancestore,  is the best broker you'll ever find. He will customize a policy to meet whatever needs you have. Just call and ask for him. I had him add some additional medical to supplement  another policy I had after Celebrity announced end of COVID medical support bt April 30.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/cel-covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

All the best....See you on the next tack !

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2022 at 11:52 AM, runningtide said:

Steve, the owner of Tripinsurancestore,  is the best broker you'll ever find. He will customize a policy to meet whatever needs you have. Just call and ask for him. I had him add some additional medical to supplement  another policy I had after Celebrity announced end of COVID medical support bt April 30.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/cel-covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

All the best....See you on the next tack !

Can you PM me what you had him add?

41 minutes ago, labdoggomom said:

Can you PM me what you had him add?

No secret. I had original Celebrity Cruise care insurance, but medical coverage and Evac expenses are very low. Steve set me up with IMG , but we dropped cruise cost levels because that’s covered with Cruise Care. The rest of the policy includes medical and Evac up to 1 million total. The price was really reasonable due to limited coverage for trip cancellation, since that’s already covered with my other policy. Call Steve and tell him what you need. 

All the best……See you on the next tack !

On 4/4/2022 at 2:51 PM, LGW59 said:

I'll echo what others have said, I've been very pleased with the advice and service from the Tripinsurancestore.  I've never felt any upselling.  Having said that, it depends on your individual needs and risk factors.  Some conventional insurance can get very expensive as you get older.  If you have medical insurance covered, the cruise line insurance can provide good coverage if you are willing to accept cruise credits for non-covered events.  I've also had a good experience with the Celebrity insurance with claims being paid within a few weeks.  Many TA's offer cruise insurance with reputable companies that can be purchased just before final payment that includes a waiver for existing conditions that may be valuable as we get older and perhaps have older parents.  I've also seen this type of policy to be a good value.

Today we had to cancel our cruise with Royal on the Harmony for this Sunday. We both tested positive yesterday at our 24 hr med center. I called Royal this morning. After 1hr and 45mins on the phone they took our word that this happened and will refund our money. This may change later. We also had bought drink packages and surf internet before cruise . They said we will get that back first within 10 days. We were promise our refund back to our credit cards in 45 days. Also, we had some credit from our X visa credit card that we had put to this cruise $250 in total. They said they would give this credit to our daughter's family room so they could enjoy. I thought this was great. We are really bummed that we cannot go on the cruise because we have not seen them since Christmas. They live in Md and we live in FL. I know they will enjoy without us.