How's The Dinner Buffet on the Regal?

patrickmoran

We were on the Regal around Thanksgiving and the buffet for lunch and dinner was pretty substandard compared to our experiences pre-Covid. (Emerald in December and Majestic in late January weren't any better.) The desserts were horrible; nothing but sheet cakes and pudding cakes. I chalked it up to the low passenger count and start up from lay off. Fortunately, the Main Dining room food was good though a lot of favorites never showed up on the menu.

Has it improved? Are they using the Horizon Bistro? Pastry shop?

Your comments apply to the Enchanted also although using the app, better desserts can be ordered. 

Princess buffet desserts have never been exciting to us. 

What is a little aggravating at the buffet is having most of the selections covered for protection and waiting for someone to serve most items. Someday this will all end and we can get back to normal cruising. 

15 hours ago, patrickmoran said:

We were on the Regal around Thanksgiving and the buffet for lunch and dinner was pretty substandard compared to our experiences pre-Covid. (Emerald in December and Majestic in late January weren't any better.) The desserts were horrible; nothing but sheet cakes and pudding cakes. I chalked it up to the low passenger count and start up from lay off. Fortunately, the Main Dining room food was good though a lot of favorites never showed up on the menu.

Has it improved? Are they using the Horizon Bistro? Pastry shop?

I was on the Regal right after you.  The one time I ate dinner at the buffet for lunch, I thought the food was decent.  Ditto the one lunch I had.  This was my first Princess cruise, so I didn't have anything on that line to compare it to.  The one eye opening thing I discovered about the food on Princess is that room service ordered through the Medallion app worked extremely well for me.  The food was well prepared, hot/cold as appropriate, tasty, and delivered insanely fast.  The menu was limited, but my cruise was short, so I didn't mind as much.