Linking Reservations in Cruise Planner

HELP! I have spent hours on hold, multiple phone calls and multiple emails and cant get any help and I dont know who to ask for this, what seems simple, problem. I have a group booked in which I am also sailing. In my personal cruise planner, I need 4 rooms linked (my room + 3 others). I can link 2 and then it tells me I have reached my linking limit. When I call they tell me I can link 6 rooms max... I have 3. I tried calling cruise planner and they say I have to go through groups because the rooms are in a group. Groups cant figure anything out except for me to call for ANYTHING I want to book for all 8 of us..... at 3 hour hold times for each call! That is not a solution! WHO DO I CALL that can fix this?
This is the error I get when I try to link the 4th room 

Sorry, linking limit reached

For security and privacy reasons, the number of linked reservations for the same cruise and sailing date are limited.
Edited by firstsailor

Call 800-526-9723. Give them your booking number and tell the rep the reservations you'd like to link and they'll note it. But then the owner of  each booking has to call to confirm he/she would like to be linked with you.

Sounds archaic but that's what we had to do to link all of our friends for our NYE and anither recent cruise.  YMMV but hope this helps.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Call 800-526-9723. Give them your booking number and tell the rep the reservations you'd like to link and they'll note it. But then the owner of  each booking has to call to confirm he/she would like to be linked with you.

Sounds archaic but that's what we had to do to link all of our friends for our NYE and anither recent cruise.  YMMV but hope this helps.

Thanks! Did yours give you the "linking limit reached" error? 

14 minutes ago, firstsailor said:

Thanks! Did yours give you the "linking limit reached" error? 

Yes,  and the reason I called for RC to assist me. Was told they needed to have the other parties to agree to link. Wishing you well!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Yes,  and the reason I called for RC to assist me. Was told they needed to have the other parties to agree to link. Wishing you well!

Thank you! I will give it a try. So weird because I was able to link the other 2 just fine! Of course this is the one room who wont get around to calling.... I guess he misses out on the dinner I am trying to book for all of us LOL!  Thanks again! 

1 hour ago, firstsailor said:

Thank you! I will give it a try. So weird because I was able to link the other 2 just fine! Of course this is the one room who wont get around to calling.... I guess he misses out on the dinner I am trying to book for all of us LOL!  Thanks again! 

Linking bookings online will not link the separate bookings together for the MDR (assuming you are trying to get everyone seated at the same table). The only way to do that is all parties have to call as a previous poster mentioned and request to be linked with each other. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, firstsailor said:

I have spent hours on hold, multiple phone calls and multiple emails and cant get any help and I dont know who to ask for this, what seems simple, problem.

Forget trying to call and wasting your time with shoreside bots - wait till you board and take care of it then face to face with an MDR host

9 hours ago, firstsailor said:

So weird because I was able to link the other 2 just fine!

I might be imagining this, but I think I read of someone who had the same problem and who got round it by having the second person in their room link the other bookings.

So, if you have someone else travelling in your room, have them go into their CP account and try to link the unlinked bookings. 

17 hours ago, long4acruise said:

This is exactly what I had to do. Long ago, when we booked it wouldn't let me link any, I had to have my friends call and approve linking.

8 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I might be imagining this, but I think I read of someone who had the same problem and who got round it by having the second person in their room link the other bookings.

So, if you have someone else travelling in your room, have them go into their CP account and try to link the unlinked bookings. 

Why didnt I think of this! Created an account for my husband and added them all!! DONE! Thank you!  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, firstsailor said:

Why didnt I think of this! Created an account for my husband and added them all!! DONE! Thank you!  

Yay!! :classic_smile:

And thanks for confirming I wasn't having a senior moment. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, firstsailor said:

HELP! I have spent hours on hold, multiple phone calls and multiple emails and cant get any help and I dont know who to ask for this, what seems simple, problem. I have a group booked in which I am also sailing. In my personal cruise planner, I need 4 rooms linked (my room + 3 others). I can link 2 and then it tells me I have reached my linking limit. When I call they tell me I can link 6 rooms max... I have 3. I tried calling cruise planner and they say I have to go through groups because the rooms are in a group. Groups cant figure anything out except for me to call for ANYTHING I want to book for all 8 of us..... at 3 hour hold times for each call! That is not a solution! WHO DO I CALL that can fix this?
This is the error I get when I try to link the 4th room 

Sorry, linking limit reached

For security and privacy reasons, the number of linked reservations for the same cruise and sailing date are limited.
Edited by LGW59
delete

19 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Linking bookings online will not link the separate bookings together for the MDR (assuming you are trying to get everyone seated at the same table). The only way to do that is all parties have to call as a previous poster mentioned and request to be linked with each other. 

This is for a group so I know I can request our table for MDR next month- this was for booking shore excursions and specialty dining as a group of 8. 🙂

2 minutes ago, firstsailor said:

This is for a group so I know I can request our table for MDR next month- this was for booking shore excursions and specialty dining as a group of 8. 🙂

Got ya. I guess I misunderstood your initial post. Not the first time that has happened.