Purchasing a Drink Package

There is a "break even" chart but I don't know where it is.  I would say if you will be drinking 5-6 drinks per day, you would be better off getting the Cheers package.  Plus, as others have said, it's nice to try a drink you usually wouldn't try and if you don't care for it wait 5 minutes and order something else.😃

On 4/5/2022 at 3:56 PM, tallnthensome said:

Your price will go up as said, not down. You got the same price as every other person. It's very similar to Royals drink package. 

What's similar to Royal's package??  Cheers is the same price on every ship and on every sailing in the fleet.  There will be an 8 dollar price increase on May 1, but it's universally across the board.  With Royal and their Dynamic pricing policy, you need to roll the dice to see what your price is.  A new ship over the summer is substantially more than an old ship the first week of December.  The same policy is in effect for their excursions.  No other cruise line operated this way. My Oasis cruise is currently 60.99, which is at a 30% discount, you then add 20% gratuity and you're at 73.18.  The problem is that the 30% discount is the highest I have seen, so my price will not be going lower, so I decided against it.

On 4/6/2022 at 9:45 AM, shiner6 said:

Like others, we did the math and made the decision to purchase the cheers package online now instead of waiting for price increase. I had purchased gift cards at AARP. Be aware that the carnival website will allow you to enter only 5 gift cards for the purchase---so I ended up having to pay for 1 package with gift cards and the other with a credit card.

All you had to do was talk to a live person and they can take down the numbers for you.

13 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

What's similar to Royal's package??  Cheers is the same price on every ship and on every sailing in the fleet.  There will be an 8 dollar price increase on May 1, but it's universally across the board.  With Royal and their Dynamic pricing policy, you need to roll the dice to see what your price is.  A new ship over the summer is substantially more than an old ship the first week of December.  The same policy is in effect for their excursions.  No other cruise line operated this way. My Oasis cruise is currently 60.99, which is at a 30% discount, you then add 20% gratuity and you're at 73.18.  The problem is that the 30% discount is the highest I have seen, so my price will not be going lower, so I decided against it.

I'm not talking price, I am talking about what's included. Tell us what is NOT similar besides the slightly lower price for Cheers. The OP asked this question....

5 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

I'm not talking price, I am talking about what's included. Tell us what is NOT similar besides the slightly lower price for Cheers. The OP asked this question....

Price is the driving force as far as I'm concerned when it comes to comparing drink packages.  Royal and Carnival are the only ones though, since NCL, MSC, Celebrity and Princess all include them as part of a purchase inclusion.

4 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

That's what I thought. I did have a promo last year where we got the drink package for a total of $30pp for the whole 4 day cruise. Was hoping that was back

In Fantasy land maybe.   It was a target marketing campaign only given to certain clientele of Carnival.  So, buy it now for 51.95 or wait till May 1 and pay 59.95 or do without.