Turn-around day

jimmy2x

We are booked for a B to B next year  on the Rotterdam. With be our 1st B to B and am wondering what the protocol is. I know that they have to “zero out” the ship. What did they do with us?  Seems to me that they will  have to heard us to one area with others doing the same thing. 

22 minutes ago, jimmy2x said:

We are booked for a B to B next year  on the Rotterdam. With be our 1st B to B and am wondering what the protocol is. I know that they have to “zero out” the ship. What did they do with us?  Seems to me that they will  have to heard us to one area with others doing the same thing. 

In the Caribbean this year, we gathered in the Billboard Bar and were then led through the terminal baggage area, ID facial recognition scanned, and led back to the ship.  Just need your room key (passport not scanned but was supposed to be in your possession).  Off the ship about 35 minutes for ~ 200 passengers.

Edited by Crew News

51 minutes ago, tjcox9 said:

In the US or elsewhere? Different procedures depending on the country in which you have the turn around day......

Yep, this is the key info. Many threads here discussing the various protocols. But the main point from all of them is that very exacting directions will be provided while on board.

6 hours ago, jimmy2x said:

We are leave from FLL 

As described, you will be given very specific directions on what procedure they are following. Unless you do an excursion, you will be required to show up for an Immigration procedure, either on or off the ship. As this is taking place, the ship will zero down. Once this is complete, you will be allowed back on the ship. It takes 30-60 minutes depending on how people follow directions.

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

As described, you will be given very specific directions on what procedure they are following. Unless you do an excursion, you will be required to show up for an Immigration procedure, either on or off the ship. As this is taking place, the ship will zero down. Once this is complete, you will be allowed back on the ship. It takes 30-60 minutes depending on how people follow directions.

Thank you 

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

You can go ashore and tour or whatever interests you. 

I’m only speaking for Florida where we live. We’ve been to where all the tours are going.

As for staying on the ship, lots of things are closed as they prepare for the incoming passengers, Like the spa thalassotherapy pool. I wouldn’t say I wouldn’t take another back to back but we found it a wasted day. On the bright side we went to Half Moon Cay twice😀

The most unsatisfactory part of the experience is when a fellow cruiser or more chooses not to follow the directions and are very tardy is leaving the ship during the "zeroing down" time.  These inconsiderate cruisers make this process more unpleasant than it needs to be for those of us who choose to follow the directions!  

• Thanks 2